586,647 active members*
2,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Joe CNC Model 2006 - Videos

Lots of photos on here, time to get a log of videos. I'm going to compile a list of running videos I've seen on google video and youtube in this thread and to start it off here's my machine cutting last night. After over a year of running the machine hard I finally got around to getting some footage.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9V7qXVjQ9Y[/ame]

More to come. Post videos, they are welcome. Show us what you're cutting!

And here is the youtube link to the group to see all the videos I have added thus far.

http://www.youtube.com/group/joecnc

130 views on the zone and 80 on youtube, lots of lurkers on this forum!

Haha, you are correct, bp! There are plenty of lurkers like me on this great forum...

Well no replies to this thread so I thought I would revive it from the dead. Here are two videos, one from a few days ago one from last night. Enjoy... photos below as well.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RZLfN0jgsQw[/ame]

Cutting nested MDF parts for the new 4x4. :rainfro:

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJKOESQmgNQ[/ame]

Some finished photos, minus the lacquer and sealer.

Very nice, i really like that saw blade as a plaque.

Joe

Great work! I love seeing a solid Joe's machine in action!

I noticed you have flaps covering your X axis bearing slides. What material do you use for these?

Thanks, wish more people would contribute their output from the machine, show more pictures videos of their machine running. I used rubber strips on either side, keeps the machine's pipe rails super clean from dust/chips. It's a commercial base board more or less, the rubber base that you see wrapped around the walls in schools and hospitals. They sell it in 4' strips and larger at Home depot in different color vinyls.

Nice videos. You have a good singing voice also

Quote Originally Posted by bp092 View Post
    Thanks, wish more people would contribute their output from the machine, show more pictures videos of their machine running. I used rubber strips on either side, keeps the machine's pipe rails super clean from dust/chips. It's a commercial base board more or less, the rubber base that you see wrapped around the walls in schools and hospitals. They sell it in 4' strips and larger at Home depot in different color vinyls.
    I for one have never posted a video on the Web. I have a Sony video camera, but no video capture card for the computer. Maybe there is an easy way, but I don't know it.
    Does someone want to write a quick howto, or post a link to an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Nice videos. You have a good singing voice also
    Thats the radio in the background, I only sing in the shower

Quote Originally Posted by BobF View Post
    I for one have never posted a video on the Web. I have a Sony video camera, but no video capture card for the computer. Maybe there is an easy way, but I don't know it.
    Does someone want to write a quick howto, or post a link to an existing one.
    is it a digital or film camera? Most decent cameras have a video feature these days, even cell phones. Those were shot with a $200 nikon point and shoot. You should see the quality raw, youtube shakes it up a bit, bit its as clear as tv. The prices are coming down.. but even photos would be nice, some of the OG's on joe's builds kind of fell off the face of the earth after awhile

Here's another one from last night since you guys don't really like to contribute at all..

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5VEEvr0t-ms[/ame]

Very nice BP what speed is it cutting at? looks like you must have the 8-2 screws . I am thinking about it.
    Kent

I upgraded to the different screws as a few did and the dumpster-cnc anti-backlash assemblies. You will see an instant increase in your speeds and it will provide much more strength and value to your machine without breaking the bank. Your speeds if you do the upgrades will pick up to around 150IPM cutting depending on the power supplied but I typically get around 120IPM on all kinds of cuts; as apposed to before at 60-80IPM cutting. It will set you back no more than around $200 and 2 hours work tops.

Bp092

I watched all you videos on You Tube and enjoyed them. Well done.

It is a great way to share info on what we are doing in the home made CNC world.

I have a few up.

A picture tells a thousand words they say. Video must be worth ten thousand.

Greg

Greolt thanks your videos have been inspirational.. nifty and creative. You aussies are very very clever. The latest video I saw of yours with the laser was awesome, going to try it on the new cnc when its finished and also go with the shuttle pro after seeing you play with it. Makes you wonder why people spend several hundred on a pendant with mpg. Keep it up yourself and keep those ideas flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by bp092 View Post
    130 views on the zone and 80 on youtube, lots of lurkers on this forum!
    Look, everybody! Over here! There's a lurker hiding in a bush!

I'm a rookie. Until I start to build, I figure most of my questions can be answered by searching the forums. Having zero experience with CNC, videos are very valuable to my understanding!

Thanks!

Hey BP,
    how do you embed the videos in your posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sbthomas13 View Post
    Hey BP,
    how do you embed the videos in your posts?
    Easy, go to youtube.com, get a login and upload some videos. Stay under the megabyte limit and you are golden. After you upload, find a "embeded" link to your video and paste it into your post. Bada bing, bada boom. It's embedded.

Dave
    PS sometimes it takes 20 minutes after the upload before youtube will let you view your video. I'm not sure why it takes so long, have patience and you will be good.