586,071 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Heidenhain TNC 145 post for MasterCam X2

Heidenhain TNC 145 post for MasterCam X2

Hello All,
    Sorry for the cross post, but I didn't know about the MasterCam specific post forum.

Since starting my own business I rent CNC time from a friend of mine, and he just received a old Bridgeport Series 2 Interact II.

I have a post but it doesn't work. What I need is a post that will output a feedrate at the end of each line.

I can post a short example of what the nc code should look like.

Thanks,
    Muggs

Boy I really thought that someone here could help me.

OK, well thanks anyway to those that have read this.

Muggs

Well asking people for free money will yield the same results. In case you didn't know you asked the same question.:nono::nono: Now the fix you need for the post you have is very easy. and if you got the person you are renting time from to call their dealer they would help him in about 2 minutes on the phone maybe less. Then what you think is crap becomes gold again.

Have a wonderful day and God Bless.

crazythunder,

Well I did call my VAR and they couldn't help me. In fact my friend and I both own MasterCam from two different VAR's and neither of them could help.
    That's why I came here!
    I wasn't asking for money at all, just a little help. This seemed like a place where there might be some knowledgeable people about posts, so I thought that maybe if I described my problem someone would be willing to walk me through making the change. My mistake.

Muggs

Did you try over here for some help?? http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

I don't remember seeing the question over there if I missed up bump it back up to the top.

One thing I will tell you about any forum. A little code of what you are getting and what you need goes along way. The asking for a post in this forum or that forum will get you the response you got here and will get you problems in the other one. Now if you ask for help to fix your post in this one and that one using the method I just mentioned where someone can see what you need verse the blanket statement you made saying you need a post I think you might be surprised how much help you get, but I would look over in the other one for more help since it is only a Mastercam forum and has over 10,000 members all talking mostly about Mastercam.

Also those of us who know Mastercam respect our dealer so we try to be respectfully of not taking food out of their mouth. That is were the posting cam from.

OK Thanks!

I just registered over at eMastercam and I am going to draw Mike Mattera's "test part" so that we are on the same page. I will also try to get a sample of the code that came with the machine (although it's on an old Mac) and post my question over there with some code.

Thanks again for your time. And sorry for my faux paux!
    In fact on that note, should I post my question here as well as over on eMastercam?

Muggs

Would not hurt.

Ok, I'll try to get to this tomorrow.

Thanks again!