Quote Originally Posted by flyon View Post
I'm going to be wiring my CNC machine up in the next few days. I'm thinking of running each home (x,y,z) to its own input, then the max limit (x,y,z) in series to another input. So a total of 4 inputs(1-Home x, 2-Home y, 3-Home z, 4-Limit x,y,z).

The reason is I heard that when homing, and sharing multible homes on one input, Mach will only home one axis at a time. It assumes home on whatever one axis it is moving at that time when it hits the switch. I'm thinking if I branch the homes out, it should be able to home all axis at the same time..? Have I overlooked something?
Flyon,

As you know, I am using emc2. It allows me to share home and limit switches. On my router the xneg limit is also xhome, the yneg is also yhome and the zpos is zhome. So when you are homing, you can home multiple axii at one time. The effect is that when homing if a particular axis hits a switch, it is treated as a home switch rather than a limit switch.

The following is for emc2 but it gives you the picture.

### I created 3 loops, one loop for each axis that combines home and limits for that axis
###

# create a signal for the x home and x limit switches combined
net XLimits parport.0.pin-11-in => axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in axis.0.home-sw-in

# create a signal for the y home and y limit switches combined
net YLimits parport.0.pin-12-in => axis.1.neg-lim-sw-in axis.1.pos-lim-sw-in axis.1.home-sw-in

# create a signal for the z home and z limit switches combined
net ZLimits parport.0.pin-13-in => axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in axis.2.pos-lim-sw-in axis.2.home-sw-in
Alan