Need help with data transfer hookup for PC to Bandit I Level II Firmware Loaded Control
I have a CNC Bandit (Summit/Dana)control operating a Supermax milling machine which works fine entering programs by hand with the keypad on the control or with the old data recorder (cassette player/recorder)to save programs on a cassette tape but of course all the data has to be typed in initially by hand. I want to be able to send and receive programs to the control from my PC (Win XP) using RS232 serial USB and possibly send and receive to the data recorder (cassette tape).The 2 cables I have now each have a 25 pin male "DB" connector which connects to the data recorder and the bandit control on the supermax milling machine. Obviously I wish to get from the DB 25 pin male to the PC from each unit. I need to interface from DB 25 pin male to a USB serial on the PC.
7 data bits 2 stop bits Xon/Xoff Even Parity no EOB no LF/CR.

Need help with:
Info on proper connection of devices.
Converter for RS232 from serial female USB on PC to DB25 pin male on cable going to Bandit CNC Control or Data Recorder (Cassette Tape Recorder/Player)
RS232 Drivers
RS232 Software

Thanks,
Mike

Mikes Custom Bikes

[email protected]