586,106 active members*
3,127 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain programing help

I reciently aquired a bridgeport Interact with a heidenhain 151 control. After downloading the manual from heidenhain I have been able to write programs in "plain language format" . However there are a few questions that I wish someone can address .
    1.What is the command in heidenhain for G17 G18 G19 ?
    (coordinate system rotation) . I cannot acheive this in heidenhain
    2.When I insert a canned cycle and run it in PROGRAM FULL-SEQUENCE it stops at the start of
    the canned cycle. If I run it in SINGLE BLOCK it skips
    over the command and jumps to the end of the program,in PROGRAM EDITING it will not let me into the canned cycle.

suggestions?

Hello,
    #1: in programming and editing: Cycle Def> GOTO>10>enter (or you can use the arrowkeys to scroll the list which appears after pushing Cycle def) > set the desired value, increment or absolute.
    This remains in effect until the end of the program (M02 or M30) or if you program Cycle def> GOTO 10 and set 0,0 or something else.
    I don´t know how it is in 151, but in 355 you could set th basic rotatin in manual mode too, by pushing "Touch probe"> rot and set the value and exit by pushing "end". This remains in effect allways until you change it.
    These all rotates the cordinatesystem around X0,0 and Y0,0.
    #2: Have you programmed cycle call ( or M99) after defining the cycle? You must also position the tool in the position where you want to make the pocket or drilling :

L Z+50 R0 F9999 M13
    Cycle def......

L X0,000 Y 50,000 R0 F9999
    L Z+2,000 F9999
    Cycle Call (or M99 in the previous line)
    L Y-50,000 F9999 M99( or cycle call in the next line)
    L Z50,000 F 9999 M30

The Z-height (for example +2) must be the same you have defined in the cycle as "save hight".
    You cannot edit the program which you are running, it must be stopped first.

OsmoP
    Caution for growing spindels

You can programme a 151 in G code if you wish.A keypad overlay is available for doing this.If you look at the back of one of the manuals it shows which buttons are which.I can`t remember if there is a parameter to change or not.

re

I think there is a section in the manual on dealing with cycles, read through it because that is one of the more powerful features. you will find the syntax on various cycles is the same.

on my 145 after you hit cycle def and insert info you have to call the cycle. or it will do exactly what your describing. maybe yours is the same. my 2 cents Dar

Hi there!

1. You handle the G17, G18 and G19 in plain language with TOOL CALL block with axis information!
    2. I think there is something wrong with your program. Send a copy of it and I'll be happy to help you with it.

Jukka

Re: Heidenhain programing help

Well Hello I'm new to the Heidenhain TNC145 Language ive heard its very simple and I do programing for G codes and I'm just not sure how to program it. Any informative videos or Text Would be very appreciated Thanks

manual is available on heidenhain website

read it and come back with questions

I have figured it out but I am having trouble with getting cycles to work I have used formated axamples also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by germanhelmet View Post
    I have figured it out but I am having trouble with getting cycles to work I have used formated axamples also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    exactly what trouble are you having?

are you using cycle call after cycle def?