586,055 active members*
4,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > My first 200 hrs with new rw15
Page 2 of 2 12
    The Rw15 is still running strong, the ball was indeed from the vice, I have no idea how it indeded up falling out of the tool changer.

Other than the table being a little soft the only other issues that have popped up are as follows

on two occasions the tool changer has come flying out toward the spindle before the head is up far enough to clear , bent the door of the tool changer, milltronics sent out a new door a few days later.

Complained about the coolant pump breaker tripping while still in warranty, Milltronics offered to send out a new pump, I assumed since the problem was documented within warranty period that it would eventualy be replaced under warranty when it failed. I told them we would wait on the pump until it failed. Pump did finally fail outside of the warranty period , ask for the pump that was offered while still in warranty assumed it would be sent since warranty issue was documented , milltronics refused to replace , said I would have to purchase at my expense.

One of the home switches failed a few months ago , found a direct replacement on ebay NIB for $30 .

Overall happy with the machine, limit switch is a normal wear item, should have taken the coolant pump when offered , my mistake on that one.

Machine has been very accurate and made many thousands of beautiful parts , I have since purchased a new vf4 Haas and have been very happy with the haas controller in comparison with the Cent7 . Overall my only complaint with the Milltronics controller is it didnt come with USb or flash card reader and you cant easily scroll thru programming line by line and edit easily. Also have not figured out how to start from a tool change in the Milltronics.

Beyond these few fairly minor issues its been a great machine over the past 2 years and hopfully will remain so

Panaceabea,

Is the following statment still true?

"Also have not figured out how to start from a tool change in the Milltronics. "

I have two Milltronics and one Mori. RH20 and VM17. Thought I might be able to help!

Respectfully,

Kurtis

starting from toolchange

Hi

If you want to start the machine from a tool change.

press "run"

press "start"

then Press "tool" I think it is F3

you then input the tool number and the machine will search to that tool and start.

Hope this helps

sam

If you want to start the machine from a tool change.

press "run"
    press "start"
    then Press "tool" I think it is F3
    you then input the tool number and the machine will search to that tool and start.

Hello Sam,

If your only running off the machines conversational program, and if you only have the said tool called up once in the program,this will work as you stated.

If you need to call up the tool more than once in your program and you want to start the program up at the second Tool call of that same tool. You'll need to start on the block number.

Do you use a CAM soft ware? You can still start a program from either the Tool # or Block #, but you may need to change your post to get it to work as you need.

Hope this helps,
    Respectfully,
    Kurtis

Re: My first 200 hrs with new rw15

I was told that Hurco owns them now. I had my RW15 dropped off at his shop until I could get rigger to put it in my garage. This guy has run Hurcos for over 30 years.

Re: My first 200 hrs with new rw15

Seeing you now own a Haas maybe you can help me with the difference between that and Milltronics 7 controller . I have been running Haas for last 4 years (TM 1, VF 2 & 4, UMC 750 5 axis )

Default Milltronics RW 15 control

I have used Haas, Okuma, Fanuc, Analam controls all had off set page with wear factor for both length and tool diameter. I am used to set Z height in the offset page under the part offset G54 - 59. On my Haas at work all tools are touched off on a block .010 above the Kurt vise jaw making Z zero .010 above jaws. In offset page I type in Z offset programmer calls out. In other cases I touch off on my block with an indicator and then top of my part and inter the amount above my block. If my part is too thick I just subtract the amount from the Z in G54 offsets same with X or Y . If my tool is cutting hole too small I can go to tool offsets and put in wear factor the amount. I Okuma I touched all tools off the same point (a 1 2 3 block ) When I put part in I touched any tool off top of part and added the negative of that tool length and that was my Z zero.

So my question short of touching off every tool on every part how do I do it on my RW 15 with 7200 control. How do I go about tool diameter comp or change the Z height affecting all tools? Can I touch all my tools off the same point as I do on my haas , my first 19 tools are standard and never changed unless worn out or broken. Extra tools for a job are touched of on same point. Maybe I am missing something other than the ease of all the other controllers I have used.

Page 2 of 2 12