586,100 active members*
2,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cutting optimizer

I'm looking for a cutting optimizer program. Now i make my drawings with autocad and save it as dxf-file. Than i can import it in to Columbus (that's the standard nesting program for my waterjet (ESAB suprarex). But Columbus doesn't rotate my objects automaticly. I can only rotate them by 90 degrees. So i'm looking for a prog. that can optimize my different dxf drawings automaticly and rotate them if necessary into a sheet and than export it back in dxf (optimized) so i can use it in my nesting program that was deliverd with my waterjet. If you want more explanation just tell me and i will post back

Might want to check your manual... Columbus has "true-shape" nesting capabilities.
    You might need to adjust a few settings to allow more rotation of the part when nestting.
    Though if you are not happy with Columbus, take a look at FastCAM by FMS. Back in the 90's ESAB was pushing FastCAM with their machines. FastCAM can be used as your CAD and CAM package.

Okay, now i can rotate manually in Columbus but i want do it automatic it safes me a lot of time. In the meanwhile i can do other work now i have to position every object with my mouse. FastCam seems a good prog. is just in use for rectangeral objects. I make design handles for exterieur doors who have strange flat shapes. Thats why it have to be automatic so i have a minimum of waste of my sheet

Re: Cutting optimizer

dit kan alleen in columbus wanneer je de module automatisch nesten in columbus actief hebt staan

After pandemic lots of people have learn that new skills is very important while doing work from home,Skill may contain Java development and its most important topics are encapsulation. When people start developing new skill they need to do focus on learning process and need to sit in from of compter about 9 to 10 hours a day . They start facing issue in the form of medical term like back pain etc therefore i have solve this issue by writing complete guidance on best office chair for upper back and neck pain. Click here to get more guidance about Chair Reads.