586,207 active members*
4,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VF3 password

VF3 password

Hi, i have an old hass mill VF3 vector drive 20hp on my toolroom. Today it began asking me about a password to start working again, when i call the service, they told me the password is because the rent period is over, but we owe that machine, what can i do to reset the password and remove it from the parameters so i can work again an never ask for a password again?

Yes, that's the problem you "owe on that machine"
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

When you write 'we owe' do you really mean 'we own'. If you do owe something on the machine you are stuck until you pay. If it is your machine you need to find out if the person you bought from really owned it.

Just a question: Did you get the software reloaded recently? The password can be turned of permanently with the code from Haas but when the software is reloaded it gets reset and you need a new code.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    When you write 'we owe' do you really mean 'we own'. If you do owe something on the machine you are stuck until you pay. If it is your machine you need to find out if the person you bought from really owned it.

Just a question: Did you get the software reloaded recently? The password can be turned of permanently with the code from Haas but when the software is reloaded it gets reset and you need a new code.
    Ops, my bad we OWN tha machine, and the answer is YES, the backup battery ran dry like 2 months ago and lost the paramenters and have to re-intall them manualy by phone. Is there some parameter that i should leave on or off?

You mean by phone talking to someone at Haas or your service place. You will need to get the code from them. Really they should have given it to you when you where doing the parameter reload. I don't think there is any other way around.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    You mean by phone talking to someone at Haas or your service place. You will need to get the code from them. Really they should have given it to you when you where doing the parameter reload. I don't think there is any other way around.
    We talk to them, but now they ask for the papers that prove that's our machine, because we never use them before, no one know were they are. What can i do other than wait for those papers?

Given the serial number, I'd think Haas knows whether they're owed any money on the machine, or not. To my way of thinking, that is the extent of their interest, and if they can find no records, then the machine should be unlocked 100%.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

They should know who originaly purchased the machine and if it was paid for!

If it has been paid for in its entirety then they shouldn't even care who you are as they are not owed any money on it!

If they are giving you gaff about weather or not your the original owner i would start threating lawyers and what not as they have no grounds for denying you password to a machine you purchased (if this is the case)

Its not intellectual property after all!
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by miljnor View Post
    They should know who originaly purchased the machine and if it was paid for!

If it has been paid for in its entirety then they shouldn't even care who you are as they are not owed any money on it!

If they are giving you gaff about weather or not your the original owner i would start threating lawyers and what not as they have no grounds for denying you password to a machine you purchased (if this is the case)

Its not intellectual property after all!
    Thanks to everyone, finally i could get the papers i need to prove the ownership of the machine and get the code to unlock the machine forever. I had no idea that this code is married to the serial number of my machine, in fact i didnt even know that our machine was working on this "trial mode", but again thank you, see u on the next "life or death" situation.