586,033 active members*
3,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy puma 200c Qsetter

I just buy this machine from ebay, puma 200c the machine come with qsetter and fanuc 18t control, when I bring the Qsetter down and tuch the tool, the ofset number come out to be positive number, and when I index to new station the offset geometry changed to work shif page. I used to run same kind of this machine, and the geometry number always negative number, and when idex to next station the offset geometry automatic change to the next line. any body can help?
    thanks alllen

I run 2 lynx 200 lathes with presetters. Both machines were made in the same year, only a couple months different actually. One machine will automatically align the cursor to the offset of the like numbered turret position. The other will just stay where ever you last were. There is a parameter you can change to set which way you would like it to be. I like to me able to move the cursor indepentantly so that I can set multiple offsets to the same turret position if I use a gang tool. To address the positive numbers, when you are on the offset page hit the right arrow soft key twice and you would see the workshift button appear. This is how you shift zero to the part from the presetter position. Or at least thats how I do it. I only use the work offset page for minor shifting during the cycle. Oh and, the x offset may or may not be positive. It all depends on where you have your workshift set. I have my lathes set so that ID tools are all at 0 when on center or at least close to it. I hope this helps you.