586,106 active members*
3,167 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Okada graphite machines

I use to work on these. Any one need any help with them? Post here and I will try to do what I can. Must be a lot of them out there. If you have a GM654 or GM544 I would say if you bought it from JMC technology group. I probably installed it or touched it on the repair side at one time or another.

We have a GM544. Looking for info on customer service etc.,etc., as we are having a problem with the machine. Z axis is over traveling when doing a zero return. Any help would be appreciated.

S.O.S with our Okada 544 DNC Help Help!

Hello We have a Okada 544 with the Fanuc Series 16i-MA controller we recently had service done on the machine do to a short everything works now BUT when we start up the (Basic Operation Package 1) a new box comes up that we never seen before witch is called (Node selection) The only option we have is Nodeo:cnc-1 witch is part of the DNC operation management package. The problem we are having is in our schedule we call up the programs to run and it will only run the first program. I'm missing something I have went through the book again and again and have not found how to get around this! this slows us down a lot as we have 11 positions to run our electrodes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time Tom

Not too sure about the node thing. Make sure your programs that you load into the scheduler have a, I think it was an M99. I will look through my notes tonight. Call me after 7 pm tonight (Indiana time) I will be at home with my manual. 317-408-2684 cell. I use to be the Applications Engineer for Okada U.S. (several years). I may have done the original machine set up on your machine. Hell I may even know you or at least the history of your Okada. My name is George and use to work for Joachim Machinery out of Indianapolis.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

Thanks for replying so soon! We are trying to run program's we ran previously they all end with M30 very frustrating we have tried M02 and that dose not work ether I'll try M99 now to see if it will work. Thanks for your time Tom

Jeff
    In Chicago call me back I didn't get your number. 317-408-2684 I would love to help. Call me anytime after 5 pm. I still have all my manuals, parameter settings, and training for the GM544, & GM654.
    George

I realize this is a very old thread but I am hoping you get notifications for this.

We have a GM654 and many of our electrodes are quite complex and we are finding ourselves short on memory. I want to set up a DNC and try "drip feeding" to it. Do you have any tips or tricks to point me in the right direction?

I will have to look through my old notes. I was the Senior Applications Engineer for Okada for all North America. I will look through the notes and let you know. Here is the advantage of useing the scheduler. If you can load the program on the machine and use the scheduler it will do the look ahead better I believe. The drip feed I think it will actually go slower. I know some people have used it this way with a network card. You have to remember this is a dos machine. Send me a direct email at [email protected] I am going to have surgery in the next day or two so do not look for a quick answer. But I will get one to you if you give me a reminder at the email above.

Re: Okada graphite machines

we have a okada gmc-654/fanuc 15m I had a tech come out and look at it for a problem we were having. He didnt backup the MP or PMC does anyone have the backup disc for a machine like this I am not running. thanks for the help. Have a great day

Hi to all of you.
    I have an Okada GM 644 Graphite Mill and I am looking for someone that can help me out with the machine parameters. We had a fire and lost the data.
    Anybody's help would be very much appreciated.