Register for free
Login

Thread: mirror image

Cool mirror image

I run my program and the image in mach3 looks correct but my taig mill
    is a mirror image of everything

Question WHich axis?

Is the Y flipped, or the X flipped?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

I think it is just the x

Smile By convention...

-X). Viewed from the front of the machine the table moving from left to right is moving in a -X direction and right to left is +X.

-Y). Viewed from the front of the machine the table moving from away from you is moving in a -Y direction and towards you is +Y.

-Z). The head moving down is moving in a -Z direction, and up is +Z.

Now, if the reference point of a BRICK on the table is the top right hand corner (X0 Y0 Z0), then ALL negatve values are cutter IN the workpiece, and positive values are outside the workpiece.

If you had both X and Y flipped, that would give a 180 degree rotation.
    Flipping X or Y gives mirroring.

According to the Mach3 Manual, in section 5 at figure 5.15 you tick the left hand column to reverse directions for a particular axis.

This is the screen for setting the soft limits, and where the limit switches are.
    :cheers:
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Cool On the same subject of "miror Imageing"

Hello all
    I'm having a simalar problem.
    I was using Mach2 for about three years and when I had a computer crash here, I lost that copy of Mach2. I downloaded Mach 3 several months ago and it has been fabulous. This last Thursday, I was trying to tune my servos on my cnc router and couldn't get the "motor tuning" dropdown to open. I gave up after several days of sporadic trying as time would allow and decided to see if there was an update on Mach 3 to freshen my program and did indeed download what I thought was Mach3 version 3. I'm not too sure that it over-wrote my first Mach3 version 2 as the properties of my newly updated version says it too is version 2 on the opening screen.
    Today I reset the Mach3 set ups and have all my ports, pins and homing functions working very well with a noticeable improvement in the movement of my cnc particularly the radii of corners and faster transitions. All in all, I was very happy.
    The problem I'm trying to figure out now is this:
    Mach3 opens up an existing g code cutting program just fine to all appearances. However, now the cnc cuts backwards.... by that I mean a standard font that I machine for example "2X" cuts a mirror image, that is to say X2 in a mirror image.

Second problem and I'm sure is related.
    example program:
    #1- G code was written to cut bolt holes A,B,C,D. cnc cuts same holes in reverse sequence DCBA. How weird.
    #2 -a program written in BobcCad 21 both an existing and often used as well as a newly created for testing file is written to start a cut line in a profile from right to left at X+... The CNC starts the cut from left to right at the correct X+ location.
    The CNC is starting from the Home "0" and travels X+ correctly and does return accurately to Home"0" for the "Program Stop" macro I have been using for many years now.
    Did I install Mach 3 backwards..LOL
    Just kidding.
    What do you think about these problems

thank you
    Dennis Perry
    [email protected]

mirror image

I emailed Mach support and the remedy was indeed a reversed Y axis. Once that was adjusted, Wallah! problem fixed. What a great program. What great support!!
    Dennis

Smile It's good!

After using Bosch, Okuma and other controllers, Mach3 is REALY GOOD!

Thanks im new to mach3 and was having problems like that ,it got me back on track

O_O