587,030 active members*
4,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Autocad to Gcode on Amada Turret

Hi All,

Pls let me know any autocad to gcode software that can support AMADA Turret Punch 244 with Fanuc 6M

Thanks & Regds

Chinthaka

Autocad is just a design software, to get the code you'll need a CAM and the postprocessor, you can use CAMSOFT, for information you can ge to their page or ask in the Camsoft forum here; it think it works fine with that machine.

GP.

Thanks GP

Thanks GP I will do it

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chinthakahk View Post
    Hi All,

Pls let me know any autocad to gcode software that can support AMADA Turret Punch 244 with Fanuc 6M

Thanks & Regds

Chinthaka
    I'm using AMADA2D Cad/Cam software. It's a DOS version but works smart. It supports many kind of AMADA turret punch press such as OCTO, COMA, PEGA, VELA...with Fanuc 6M. You are just export your drawing into .dxf format then open it by AMADA2D then choose machine, turret, choose Tool for object then go to Post processor, that's it. It's also has simulator that you can see position of clamps, sheet, holes...

Thanks Nguyenthanthi,

But im unable to find any souce about it on the net. Pls let me know any link pls.'

Chinthaka

I'm sorry caused you confuse. It is just another name of the software. If you search on the net you can use key word "amp1e amada software". Good luck

To go from Autocad into GCode for the turret, you need a piece of software called a sequencer or post-processor. The sequencer is where you tell the software which tools should hit where along the design. The software then outputs GCode that can run on your turret.

I use one called GPuncher (previously called KZXCad), and am quite happy. You can import DXFs from Autocad into it, or you could design the parts from scratch in it.

Gpuncher is only $375, and I don't think there are any other similar products for less than $1,000 (most are more like $4,000). Its a small software company, and the owner has been very responsive in making bug fixes or helping out whenever I needed. Even though it is really inexpensive, I think it has just about every feature that the more expensive ones have. There was a bit of a learning curve to start using it, but it really does work and works well.

You can find it at http://www.metalpuncher.com/ .

$ 49.95 on Ebay
    NC Punch G-code Editor + Simulator for Amada CNC Turret

If you do not want to spend a penny, and have some time as well as patience, you can extract information about different lines/curves of an AutoCAD drawing using LIST or PROPERTIES command. Thereafter, you can write a program yourself using G01/G02/G03, with or without radius compensation, as needed. Of course, for a 3D drawing, this technique will not work.