I am looking for an laser 40-50W
    cutting area 300mm * 300mm

to cut and engrave wood/arclyic upto 10mm thick

I am not a mllionaire so have been looking at chineese machines

are there just the three manufactures
    Rabbit http://www.rabbitlaser.com/products/3040.htm
    redsail http://www.hflaser.com/mle.html
    wklaser http://wklaser.com/Product.asp?BigCl...ing%20machines

or are there others? or are the above dealers?

any comments or suggestions would appreciated

Ian

If you want to cut 10mm you 'll need 80 to 100 watts laser tube, and this length only comes in the 12590 machines. prices willbe close to the 4.000 4600 Us (rabbit or wk laser) little machines are most for engraving, they can cut but you 'll spend more time and laser.
    About these 2 brands you'll get a lot of feedback in the forum.
    Luis

Make sure you read this thread (in its entirety) before you make your purchase... knowledge is power:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29273
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Make sure you read this thread (in its entirety) before you make your purchase... knowledge is power:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29273
    read that thread and think I will spend a bit more and buy from one of the distributers in UK which I can visit eaisly

Yes Macgyver, I have been asking Paul C about his machine, this HKXY guy, because is not a company , is more a garage shop, stole the money from Paul, but you cant compare all the chinese wiyt this guy. People like frank from Rabbit and from wklaser, have a lot of happy buyers, like Skip, Pedroman, and others, I think we have to give a chance to this companies , there are many people with not enough money to buy US made machines, and the forum is made for that , to give good info to the people who need it.
    Luis

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    People like frank from Rabbit and from wklaser, have a lot of happy buyers, like Skip, Pedroman, and others
    True, and there are also a large number of unhappy customers who have been left hanging with machines that do little more than act as boat anchors.

As I've said before, knowledge is power, but in the end it's up to everyone to make their own decision. Yes, happy stories are aplenty, but that doesn't mean we should completely ignore the bad ones. sykic has now seen the good and bad side of Chinese lasers, he's a big boy, he can make up his own mind. We'll support him as much as we can should he run into trouble, but we'll do more harm by sheltering everyone from the bad things in this world.
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

I know I will try to help from my learning which took longer than it should have. We almost need sticky somewhere for informations gathered...

Quote Originally Posted by sykic View Post
    read that thread and think I will spend a bit more and buy from one of the distributers in UK which I can visit eaisly
    That was my initial approach but the distributor ended up wasting my time and cost me lost business. Therefore I have little faith that the higher price is really buying me anything. I decided to take a chance and buy a laser from China (WKlaser). It will arrive in a few weeks time and so far the transaction has been smooth. The price is £2000 below the UK price. Thats more than "a bit" IMHO.

epilotdk
    very interesting!!

where abouts in UK are you (I am near Cambridge)

which model did you go for

what are problems importing into UK from china

ian

I have ordered a LC6090 with 80W laser, USB, rotary attachment and motorized table. There are no problems on the import side. WK sent the bill of lading and invoice via FedEx. I was contacted by the UK shipping agent and they sort out the import paperwork and delivery to our door. Ships docks on 20/12. Total transport/import cost are below £400. In total I will have spent just under £3K.

Remember that the smaller machines are really only suitable for engraving, not for cutting.

I'm near Luton.

epilotdk

Thanks for all that information

Hope your machine arrives on time

Are you buying for a business or is it going to be for hobbies?

I am about 40 minutes away from you and if possible would love to see your machine once you have it setup.

Ian

I have the Venus 30 watt laser from GCC. They have a great system that uses RFlaser technology and lasts 1,000's of hours longer then most other systems. It also offers 3d etching in wood, plastic, rubber, and so forth, that is only found in RF laser units --not glass tubes.

I bought mine from www.uniquelaserconcepts.com but a search on ebay will get you a new one for really cheap from tri state liquidators. Not cheap compared to glass tubes, but I prefer quality and great tech support.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=018

Talking

Hi Ian,
    If you want to cut cut and engrave wood/arclyic upto 10mm thick, and require cutting area is 300mm * 300mm, also want a lower price, I am glad to recommed our desktop model LG500 to you, which is with 300*500mm wokring area, 60W tube, and up&down platform. I think this model is just the one for your needs. If you are interested, don't hestiated to contact me,
    EMAIL: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]

:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro::rainfro::rainfro::rain fro::rainfro:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails desktop lg500.jpg  

Hi Sykic

I've had the Rabbit HX6090SE 60 x 90 60W laser for about a year and it's served me well to date. Would be happy to give any assistance if you should need.

Yes, there are horror stories with chinese lasers, but there are problems with US built lasers too. But, those seem to be glossed over very quickly. If I sent $35K for a 60 x 90 laser, I would also have something to say about thjose that buy them for less than $5000.

You just have to go into it with your eyes open. Like most things.

David

thanks for your input David

I agree must just decide which machine and whether to import or buy from distributor

Sykic