586,121 active members*
3,173 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: error 411

error 411

I am having trouble with my boss 10 retro’d wit ajax controls. I was just jogging the table the other night when an error code; “411 Z axis full power without motion” occurred. I have tried tripping the limit switch manually clearing the error and then jogging. The load meter “maxes out” and the error code occurs again. This also happens with the x and y while trying to move the table. Has anyone had this problem? Also some of the function keys do not show up when I “esc’ back to the home screen such as F5 CAM. Any ideas on that too?
    thanks, kevin

If you get "411 full power w/o motion" on all three axes (i.e. on any axis you try to move) then you need to look at the servo drive. Either your are not putting DC bus power into the servo drive, or something is preventing the servo drive from sending power out to any motors.

Are there any LEDs lit on the servo drive? If none at all, then check incoming logic power (in and out of the ATX-style power supply behind the drive).

If some LEDs are on, is the green USV light on? Does it switch off and on as you press and release Emergency Stop? Does your E-stop contactor click as you do so? If not, then something in your E-stop circuit is holding the contactor open.

If the drive has logic power and the USV light is on, but you still have no motion on any axis, then the problem is likely with the drive itself and you need to call Ajax.

Regarding the function keys: until you set machine home, you should only have F1/Setup, F3/MDI, and F7/Utility. It is likely that you have not set machine home, since you can't move the axes.

You may have a damage of a malfunction encoder.

A failed encoder can cause "411 full power w/o motion", but nearly always accompanied by a runaway. The drive would be applying power and the axis would be moving, but the control would see no movement because of the encoder failure.

If the controls says "411 ..." and the machine is not actually moving, then it is not an encoder problem.

Are the servo parameters correct for the motors and are the ballscrews free ? I Also wonder if you have had a memory corruption, causing the loss of the function keys and the axis problems you described. Maybe you should consider a reload of your system data.