586,096 active members*
3,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Exitech CNC router experiences and potential a 4th axis ?

Exitech CNC router experiences and potential a 4th axis ?

I´m starting this thread to hear about the experiences you buyers have had with these machines good and bad. I know some of this has been discussed in the long thread about the "purchase".

I copy my post from the mentioned thread:

Some general questions about the spindle; I plan to use the machine like a "multi tool" cutting out MDF for loudspeakers, engraving in metal, some prototype aluminum parts and the most exiting is the though of having a machine helping me building POOL cues.
    Making pool cues requires cutting of very small pockets and in the same time cutting out the according decoration.

This may require a endmill as small as 0,3-0,5mm or in practical terms as small as possible.

Can you who have one tell me if this last task is something the machine would be able to do? Hence low vibrations on the spindle so it don´t break?

I would also have to ask the manufacturer if a 4th rotating axis is possible to attach since I need to hold the pool cue under the Gantry to be able to do the most fanciest designs. The main idea is to check up the SHG0609 and the SHG1212 :-)

I have attached a picture of a commercial pool cue manufacturer to show some of the details which may be required.

Any feed back would be highly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e39-800.jpg  

Hi Kent Norway,
    I recently ordered a Excitech machine myself (SHG 1312),delievery around the new year Iam hoping.
    I ordered this machine for a similar reason down the track(in the future),as the SHG 1312
    has 200mm clearance with the gantry,which I believe you could setup the fouth axis under.
    The SHG0609 and the SHG1212 only have 100mm or so of clearance,so could be a bit tight.
    On Excitech website the SHG1312 is not shown,if you select the Chinese Link,you will see it there ..(in Chinese of course),but from previous posts ,it looks like they will custom make what youre after.
    As I havnt received it yet Iam unsure how they have set up the drives etc.
    But Iam sure if you reconfigured it with gecko drives and run them under Mach3 software
    you would have what youre after.
    Regards
    Jubee

Thank you Jubee.

I have actually not compared the Asain version of the web pages and the English one. It seems like there is many options or configs around so if I only was able to get in contact with them it would be interesting to hear which options I have.

I have looked a lot on the machines at this page http://www.cnc-router-routers.com/ and these have only 110mm Z axis height. So I though that 100mm was sufficient but I most likely mistaking I guess. What I´m afraid of is to have a to high Gantry Z axis which increase the momentum and flex in the axis when doing routing in aluminum.

Which POC do you use in the company?

Thanks
    K