586,584 active members*
2,622 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laserpro lasers up for discussion

Hi all, I just purchased and had commisioned my first laser. It's a Laserpro Spirit GX 30watt. I'm happy with it so far but would like peoples experiences, advice etc if they also have one. Plus some photo's for the guys on the Exitech thread. Go Exitech...Go you good thing!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0356.JPG   IMG_0357.JPG   IMG_0352.JPG  

Super cool.

Certainly looks the goods.

We can`t wait to see the items that you make with it. Judging by the photos that you posted on the router forum - i think that we are in for a treat.

Rocket.

Thanks for the pics Esmae, sweet machine!

So will this be taking over engraving duties from your Excitech? Do you have any tips on the best way to pick up local engraving work?

Hi Esmae Spirit is an excellent choice of machine very easy to clean align and maintain its based on GCC's much successful model Mercury, here are the things you need to take care on this machine thought might give my 2 cents been servicing GCC machines for the last 8 years.

Be very careful while closing the back door I have seen some customers spoil the locking system by trying to force the door down without properly taking out the locks push up once or twice it will come down smoothly don't force the issue.

Remove the auto focus probe if you are using flamable matriels, you can let it be in other cases as long as nothing hits the pin while homing constant putting and taking out has know to spoil the pins.

Take special care of the lens how you put it back after cleaning.

Is this your first GCC machine? Please check what laser source the machine has Synrad or Coherent.

Overall a beautiful machine by GCC after going thru the horror called Explorer this machine is a breath of fresh air.

Need any help with firmware or driver PM me would be happy to help you out.

Regards
    Sap

Quote Originally Posted by wickedboysap View Post
    Hi Esmae Spirit is an excellent choice of machine very easy to clean align and maintain its based on GCC's much successful model Mercury, here are the things you need to take care on this machine thought might give my 2 cents been servicing GCC machines for the last 8 years.

Be very careful while closing the back door I have seen some customers spoil the locking system by trying to force the door down without properly taking out the locks push up once or twice it will come down smoothly don't force the issue.

Remove the auto focus probe if you are using flamable matriels, you can let it be in other cases as long as nothing hits the pin while homing constant putting and taking out has know to spoil the pins.

Take special care of the lens how you put it back after cleaning.

Is this your first GCC machine? Please check what laser source the machine has Synrad or Coherent.

Overall a beautiful machine by GCC after going thru the horror called Explorer this machine is a breath of fresh air.

Need any help with firmware or driver PM me would be happy to help you out.

Regards
    Sap
    Hi Sap,
    Thanks for the reply, you've given me extra confidence thank you. It's a synrad tube which i've read are the better of the two. It's my first laser but i've been programming laser cutters (trumph, BLS, Adige) for about the last 5 years though the engraving is a completely new level altogether)

Scott

laserpro spirit has burned

hi I new to the forum thing i used to have a laserpro gcc spirit the material (acryluic) took fire and the machine is on the upper side destroyed, maybe the laser tube is still allright, dont know the brand but it is 25 watt but i had a bad dealer in belgium who did not his job right, after all i have a brand new rotary piece , a new pin for a spirit normal edition extra magnets for the door to open my mail adress is [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by letterstyle View Post
    hi I new to the forum thing i used to have a laserpro gcc spirit the material (acryluic) took fire and the machine is on the upper side destroyed, maybe the laser tube is still allright, dont know the brand but it is 25 watt but i had a bad dealer in belgium who did not his job right, after all i have a brand new rotary piece , a new pin for a spirit normal edition extra magnets for the door to open my mail adress is [email protected]

Lifestyle what are you looking for is it help or are you trying to sell off the things on the machine.????

It seems to be a nice machine, could you please tell us the working area size, and the cost of the machine??
    Regards from Spain