587,475 active members*
3,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Looking for some Help Optic Lens

I purchased a artsign JSM40 a while ago, Like everyone I was haveing some troubles with getting it aligned. Last night I was checking things over and I noticed that one of my Mirror/Optic lenses were cracked, when I took it out it broke into pieces. Does anyone know what the size of theis Lens is, or where I can purchase a new one. I would appriciate any input thanks

I believe they're 1/2", but I'll have to check when I get home.
    Hi-TecDesigns.com -- Automotive Lighting Systems

Thanks, I dont know anything about this, not even sure if its called an optic mirror lens. I am just learning how to use this. I have been searching for anyone who sells these but I have not been very successful. Thanks again

Are you looking for the lens or mirrors? Plenty of sources... Edmunds Optics will probably prove the easiest for you. Look for ZnSe lenses and gold-coated mirrors with AR coatings.

I am not sure, what are the differences, It is a gold plated disc, I think it is 3/4" across, But I am not sure if that is the way to measure it, I am not sure the thickness, Sorry, I am not fimiliar with all the working componants, This is a new venture for me.

I checked out Edmuns, I am lost here I dont know what wave length or size ??? Very confusing, I am not sure of the size, The company that I bought it from has not replied with any information, I guess buying china products has its down falls. Thanks for the help

The "gold-plated disc" is a mirror... pick up another one from Edmunds, same diameter. The thickness will be roughly the same, but it's not critical. You're looking for something with an AR coating in the 10um range.

Thanks,

Does the size sound about right ?? 3/4 ?? It is about the size of a Nickle. Maybe a bit smaller. Thanks

I checked Edmunds again, Not sure where to begin there are a lot of choices, Flat, Not sure the wave length ?? I am very geeen to this, What is a 10um ?? Sorry to sound a little green here, just learning. I also diddnt see a 3/4 size, I may be looking in the wrong place. ???? Just confused here ???

Measure the mirror to be sure... 10um is the wavelength (also look for CO2, they will typically list it as an application).

ok, did that, Just still not sure which one is the right one on Edmunds. It measures at 3/4" across and 1/8" thickness which is about 20mm, I looked in edmunds but I am lost as to the exact one that I should get, I just don't want to get the wrong one. Thanks for your help.