5000 pcs. .95 ea. + shipping
    10000 pcs .90 ea. + shipping
    2-3 weeks delivery

PM with quote sent, thanks

PM sent thanks Art :rainfro:

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE DOWN TO .20 AND .17 5000 AND 10,000

BAD DOG
    .90 AND .95 CENTS ARE YOU KIDDING!!!

If the part that I veiwed is the part needed then as far as I can tell it will take five operations: facing ,drilling ,turning o.d. with chamfer , parting off ,cycle bar feeder start again. At 1 min. cycle time thats .67 ea. based on 40/hr shop rate not including material or other charges. 40/hr is not unreasonable. add .07 for mat. now your at .74 ea. I think that I need more than a minute to make that part with good quality ,maybe I'm higher than some guy's with newer equipment.

If you could make that part in 30 sec. at .17 thats only 20/hr not including mat. I don,t believe that anyone with a machine that fast would be willing to work it for 20/hr. I'm just trying to produce a quality part and make a living.
    Maybe you should ask the guy that say's he can make that part for .17 including mat. if he is kidding!

I'm not tring to put anyone down but some of these low quotes are a joke!

i have not seen the part. but based on how they discribed it? on a screw machine you can really crank them out. :rainfro:

Arty, a screw machine will most definitely be the way to go BUT unless BAD DOG is willing to do some de-burring on his own on the c-off side once he gets the parts, there is no way that this damn washer can be made for under $0.65 / pc. (( material not included nor shipping costs )) in my MostHumbleOpinion!
    * But then again "What do I know" maybe after all my years in this trade I've lost my edge! NOT, ha ha ha....
    >>I am not one to "bad mouth anyone" but I do all the home work I can before quoting, bidding or accepting jobs from anyone in these forums or outside of them
    *** I suggest you all do the same, that's one of the beauties of these forums, you can go back to anyone's date of registration!!!!
    WILLwork4money

WILLwork4money, if you are correct in your calculations how is he getting quotes of .17 and .20 cent? like i said. the ONLY way is a screw machine.

Arty, I make my way through all these forums, I've seen you land a job or 2 and quote a whole bunch, SO, I am going to say that in my opinion you know what you're doing, THAT HAVING BEEN SAID, would you make any money if you made these parts for $0.17 or $0.20 a piece on a screw machine? HELL would you even quote these parts @ those prices?
    WILLwork4money

my quote was $.55 cent a piece. no, i don't think i could have went lower than my first quote. even if i had a screw machine.

QUOTING WASHER

GENTLEMAN;

WE CURRENTLY ARE HAVING THIS PART MADE FOR .25 CENTS FOR 5000 PCS.

THEY ARE BEING MADE ON A SWISS. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT,, PEOPLE THAT QUOTE THIS PART WILL RUN IT LIGHTS OUT AND UN-ATTENDED. AND NO A SLIGHT BUR ON THE BACKSIDE HOLE WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM..

WE CURRENTLY RUN OUR CNC LATHES AND SWISS,, LIGHTS OUT AND WEEKENDS.

THE SHOP CURRENTLY MACHINING THESE PARTS WILL HAVE 3 TO 6 SWISS RUNNING UN-ATTENDED ON ANY GIVEN WEEKEND (DEPENDS ON MATL.)

I WILL PROBABLY NOT AWARD THESE TO THE CURRENT LOW BIDDER BECAUSE I JUST NOTICED HE IS LOCATED IN AUSTRALIA..(NOTHING AGAINST OUR MATE'S DOWN UNDER BUT I NEED TO KEEP IT IN THE USA)

I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD JOB FOR SOMEONE WITH A B&S SCREW MACHINE THAT NEEDS SOME WORK.

BAD DOG

If he's getting .17 a piece, it's not quoted in the US.

PRICING

how do you figure that you can run 5000 or 10,000 pc. lots and get paid your hourly shop rate as if you were standing in front of the machine. Maybe if you were making 100 or 200 pcs..

A smart owner can make good money running un-attended and lights out.

let's say 3 swiss,, screw machines,, running at 20.00 an hour running 20 hrs a day equals 1200 dollars. (being simplistic) how much did you make at 40.00 hr. 320.00?. and you forget that while the machines are running the operator can be running other equipment or getting other jobs set up.

MANY SCREW SHOPS MAKE MONEY ON THE SCRAP NOT ON THE PART.

BAD DOG

at that price it can only be done on a screw machine. just like i said in a couple of postings ago. thanks for the opportunity to give us a shot at it BAD DOG. :rainfro:

THE SHOP CURRENTLY MACHINING THESE PARTS WILL HAVE 3 TO 6 SWISS RUNNING UN-ATTENDED ON ANY GIVEN WEEKEND (DEPENDS ON MATL.)
    If you already have someone running these washers for you @ $0.25 / pc. @ 5,000 quantities, why are you "PRICE SHOPPING?"

OH WAIT, SOMEONE JUST QUOTED IT @ $0.20 / PC, SORRY
    WILLwork4money