586,119 active members*
3,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam manuals

Question Mastercam manuals

Guys i have a new job at Northrop and they run Mastercam I need to find out how much for mill/design & solids manual in V9.I do have a couple of third party manual but want the orignal manuals.
    Thanks, Bill Johansen

Charles Davis wrote Mastercam Handbook Volume I, II etc. They are fully endorsed and published by CNC Software, (i.e. Mastercam). I'm not sure of the price, as I get mine for free, but I'm sure they're priced nicely. Check out Mastercam.com for more info.

Also, there's a tutorial called FMMT, which is very good.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Books

sorry did not get back right away working 12 hour days, are those books like the one i seen at San Deigo CadCam?
    Thanks, BIll

I don’t use MasterCam myself but wanted to say I saw a training book for MasterCam at Barnes & Nobel today. I was surprised by this, it is the first time I have seen a book for Cam on the shelf that was about one specific program. I guess it says something about the popularity of MasterCam.

Gary

Bill the ones Reked is talking about are the books from San Deigo Cadcam.
    I also carry the V9 orignals you asked about.

you can also contact me on all the diffrent books.

Jay (Local LA county MC dealer)
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Depends, Bill, on when you were there. He started writing them (I think) 2 or 3 years ago. (I used to teach there, BTW) If you're talking about the one's we used in the classes, those are a bit different, as they are designed for use in a learning environment and don't touch on all the capabilities.

Gary, you're right. Mastercam is THE most popular in shops AND schools without a doubt, and without any real competition (according to Cimdata). It's always been extremely powerful, and with the release of X coming soon, I can say as a beta tester, that it will take an even bigger lead next year.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Mastercam X System Requirements

Rekd, (and other MCX Beta testers),
    What are the MCX system requirements going to be?
    Have they changed since MCX's developement?
    I currently have: Intel, Pentium 3, Windows 98, and I'm getting ready to upgrade.
    What are your recomendations.

Well to start it will not support Win 98 any longer.
    OS requarments is at least Win 2k

And 512 meg ram or better.
    Some of the starting points.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Video Card

cadcam,
    Thanks for the answer.
    What video card do you suggest.

For video a Quadro FX 500 or higher would be great.
    If you can't find the Quadro cards you can go with say a GF FX 5700 or higher card.
    Cadcam

Hi guys thanks for the info, I bought learning mastercam mill, but at work we only get surfaces and solids. So my problem is I have to try to learn the more advance stuff right away while learing the 2D at home.As for going to school that out 12 hours days 7 days a week, so everthing I will be doing is at home or work.
    Thanks again, Bill Johansen

Bill I suggest you contact HB cad-cam consulting services your dealer.
    And find out when we are having more classes out of the office.

A day or two can really make a diffrence.Talk with Rob over there about the training.
    Cadcam

Hello
    I am new to Mastercam myself. As a user of featurecam for many years, it has been a bit difficult. I signed up for an online streaming video course at www.streamingteacher.com. i have found it to be well worth the money.

that is a good site that is put togeather by one of our other dealers.
    Cadcam

They are frequently available on eBay for $60 or so.