586,446 active members*
3,765 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > My Experience with BOBCAD

Angry My Experience with BOBCAD

Fellas.....

Let me tell about my experience with BOBCAD as I put on my NOMEX flame suit on. Bobcad is great for many many many things! It's just not what I wanted for a couple of reasons. I have no problem with the product... it does every bit as good they say it is. On to my beef with them.... they charge a $195 user license transfer fee if I sell it ANYWHERE on the internet because I'm competing with them (so they say). There's no charge if I sell it to a buddy. They already got my money once and then they make it cost prohibitive to sell it to someone else. It's my business as to what I want to sell it for! When I talked to the sales manager about this he got cocky and displayed his smart azz attitude. I would have come to expect a little more professionalism from a sales manager. So Mr. Manager.... when you read this my day got a whole lot brighter when I switched products!

This is the first time I posted something like this ever but when you have a conversation with somebody in his position.... I'm going to let everyone I know about it!

Dustin

You're actually lucky they're letting you sell it to a buddy for free. Most EULAs strictly prohibit ANY transfer of software.

As for the professionalism, I can only hope it wasn't SOP for them.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

To the rescue!!

Oh brother......... Here we go........ There's no need for flame suites gentlemen. Look... Why don't we all have an AWESOME JULY 4th and enjoy our independence. Roast some dogs, throw back some cold ones or whatever makes us feel good! On Tuesday, give me a call at 877-262-2231 ext 112 and I will sort this out for you. Don't worry about it. Every now and then I run into this and I have the perfect solution for you. Talk to you Tuesday.
    Sincerely,
    Chris
    CNC Dude

I purchased BobCAD V17 with 18 upgrade, with this came 2 licenses. I only use and have registered 1 of these.

The other license is doing nothing, have no real use for it so i would like to sell it to somebody whom could put this to use.

I don't understand why this would be a problem to sell privately?

I would even consider selling or trading this back to BobCAD?

BT1

Did you read the EULA? It most likely states that you may not transfer the licensing.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

When you purchase software, a lot of times (most) you're just purchasing the right to use that software. Like Rek'd says, it's always a good idea when spending a lot on software to see if you can resell it later.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Did you read my post? It's not Tuesday yet. The subject and questions of NON-DEALERS selling their earlier versions of software is not going to be answered in this forum. Got it? Contact me at 877-262-2231 on Tuesday. That's tomorrow. I will happily explain the companies policy and licensing agreement to you personally.
    Thank you.
    CNC Dude

"Ownership of a copy should be determined based on the actual character, rather than the label, of the transaction by which the user obtained possession. Merely labeling a transaction as a lease or license does not control. If a transaction involves a single payment giving the buyer an unlimited period in which it has a right to possession, the transaction is a sale. In this situation, the buyer owns the copy regardless of the label the parties use for the contract. Course of dealing and trade usage may be relevant, since they establish the expectations and intent of the parties. The pertinent issue is whether, as in a lease, the user may be required to return the copy to the vendor after the expiration of a particular period. If not, the transaction conveyed not only possession, but also transferred ownership of the copy."

- Softman v. Adobe

Did you read my post? It's not Tuesday yet. The subject and questions of NON-DEALERS selling their earlier versions of software is not going to be answered in this forum. Got it?
    Having a bad weekend, Chris? Relax.

Thread closed.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

For what it is worth!

I have had a look at the licence agreements of a few other pieces of software that use license key unlock codes and the agreements all stipulate a similar type of transfer clause. So I must ask, is BobCAD the bad boy here or are software companies just trying to stay in businness?
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.