586,058 active members*
3,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 15 910111213
    The week of December 6th works for me. Also someone will need to Call Jakes if more than 4 people to reserve tables.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by El_Matarife View Post
    Sounds good to me, but by "First week in December" do you mean November 29th or December 6th?
    Has a date been set?

Newbie here from Keller. I'm up for a meetup as long as the Boss approves...

I am game let me know when. Jake's works......

I am not a user of CNC machines but i am searching for somebody in DFW to do some CNC work for me. PM me for details please

Are you guys thinking weekday dinner or a Saturday / Sunday lunch or dinner? I was thinking Saturday late lunch works well when we've done it previously. And I was thinking Saturday the 11th.

Edit: Not sure how but I read my calendar wrong. Next Saturday is December 11th.

Sounds to me like an executive decision has been made. Dec 13 for a late lunch.

What time, exactly, and where?

Jake's burgers in Addison. Menu: Jakes, EST. 1985 - Uptown, Lake Highlands, Plano, Addison 5505 Beltline Road Dallas, Texas 75254. Phone: (972) 503 - Jake (5253)

The Army / Navy game starts at 1:30PM. I'm sure we've got a bunch of veterans in here who may prefer watching that game over hanging out with us. We may have to go at noon which would put us into the lunch rush.

Quote Originally Posted by NogginBoink View Post
    Sounds to me like an executive decision has been made. Dec 13 for a late lunch.

What time, exactly, and where?
    Bah! Where are all you proofreaders? Dec. 11 is the correct date, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by NogginBoink View Post
    Bah! Where are all you proofreaders? Dec. 11 is the correct date, isn't it?
    I'm going to have to PM everyone who said yes to dinner in this thread over the last two months, if they don't start replying to RSVP. We need a rough count to secure the right amount of tables.

Ben Chill out

BTW. Week nights are good for me. Otherwise my Daytime including weekends are busy.

It's the holidays and the CNC is making chips and $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mike

Just to be clear, we're doing 1PM because no one objected about the Army / Navy game. Ex-Marines, please don't beat me senseless at lunch. :P

So far, two "yes" and two "no" counting Mkroe's post as a no. I've sent out a few PMs and two emails, so hopefully I'll start to see RSVPs soon. I'll call Jake's tomorrow morning to secure a table for more than 4 people and see how flexible they are about adding on as people arrive.

As far as finding each other at the place, I'll just make sure our table is under the name CNCZone. And I'll throw on a Vectric ballcap and maybe my North Texas CNC usergroup T-shirt, weather permitting.

Edit: Now three "Yes".

Okay sick of editing that post. I've made reservations for an 8 person table at Jakes for 1PM under the name CNCZone. Thus far, we have 3 RSVPs plus me, but I'm pretty sure we've got additional people coming and I think they'll be fine adding another table if we need it. I'll try to be there at 12:45ish to coordinate everything. The address is 5505 Beltline Road Dallas, Texas 75254. It's on the north side of the street, green awning, big sign. Google Maps / street view. I'll be wearing a Vectric hat and a North Texas CNC shirt.

Everyone who wants to be notified of these lunches should sign up for Chimpera's mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/dallascnc and/or the North Texas CNC Users Group mailing list ntcncug : NTCNCUG

I'm here, and Mkroe made it but he's meeting with a client first. Look for the long booth / table wrapping around the bar by the kitchen.

It was great meeting and talking to you guys in person. I wish I could have met some of you before I bought most of my parts (got some good tips), but it's not too late to modify my CNC plans.

need help choosing up to date cam software for small 2' x 3' warthog with portercable router. hope to do 3d wood carving.
    I am in north west Tarrant county on eagle mountain lake.
    I have some mechanical maching experience from years ago but zero cnc experience. Long time hobbyist wood worker!

Welcome to the list. Where about to you reside?

And define small?

If you are looking for cheap CAM software Cam Bam comes to mind or even the free version of Visual Mill. There are pirated versions of artcam floating around on the net along some others. However, I'd go with a purchased product cause tech support usually comes in handy.

Stay away from Bob CAD/CAM. Those folks won't leave you alone even after you make a purchase. It's been four years and they are still calling me wanting to sell me more of crap.

I personally use Visual Mill Pro.

If you are wanting to do 3D wood carving, there are some packages setup for that. Also depends on your CAD package. Most CAM packages will do the 3D wood carvings. It's more a matter of making your models or getting them into a format that your CAM will understand.

Are you running Mach or EMC?

Smile

would like to be notified of any future meetings, lunches, or dinners. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chief6 View Post
    need help choosing up to date cam software for small warthog with portercable router. hope to do 3d wood carving.

ArtCam 10K
    Aspire cheaper
    If you will not create models your self just cut em Vectric Cut3D cheapest
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

osphoto it is unethical to pirate software

Uppps I pirated my cnc router.........
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

Page 11 of 15 910111213