586,076 active members*
3,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 15 45678
    Im In just give me a place, date and time

Mike

Well, I think its clear we have enough interest.

Twisted Root Burger Co
    730 E Campbell Rd
    Richardson, TX 75081
    3PM Saturday January 2nd

Map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...8&z=17&iwloc=A

Menu: http://www.twistedrootburgerco.com/menu.html

Dang it. I volunteered to work Saturday. What time? 2pm - 11pm...Looks like I'll sit this one out... You guys have fun. If you go to the root you gotta let me know if it is as good as the Deep Ellum location.

Oh and I broke down and bought the Joe's Hybrid plans. I'm JHelmstetter on those forums too.

side note: I'm looking at about $1700 just for the hardware...wow! Gonna have to slide that by the wife quickly! (nuts)

Sorry man, Phoenix and I are both in the neighborhood this week so maybe we can do some Jinbeh or that new Chicago Deepdish Pizza place.

As far as Joe's hybrid goes, you need to look into all the mods before you start ordering parts. We ended up with extra parts in several places after we decided to use the angle iron mod, and the new "hot" mod is the rack and pinion mod to replace the leadscrews.

Tamathumper's SuperBOM is really helpful, but extra planning and research can save you a lot of pain and suffering.

Anyway, I will be at Twisted Root at 3PM. I'm pretty hard to miss if you've seen our lascolinascnc.com website, but I will also be wearing a North Texas CNC user group shirt and a Vectric hat to make it even easier.

Edit: Got here early, no line. In fact, just got my food and am sitting by the door. You guys can't miss me.

2nd edit: Meeting went very well with six people attending. Three people attending hadn't been to any meetings before so we're definitely growing. Mkroe brought a GORGEOUS 4x8 inch carving of the last supper he made in mahogany. We're all hoping to do another lunch next month.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Matarife View Post
    >snip<

Mkroe brought a GORGEOUS 4x8 inch carving of the last supper he made in mahogany. >snip<
    thank you for kind words. It was actually 6x12 inch, but who's counting again thanks for the kind words. I met some very nice, knowledgeable people and had a great time. Thank you all. I hope that next meeting more will show up.

again a great time and good conversation.

Thanks all.

Mike

same here thx

Quote Originally Posted by Mkroe View Post
    thank you for kind words. It was actually 6x12 inch, but who's counting again thanks for the kind words. I met some very nice, knowledgeable people and had a great time. Thank you all. I hope that next meeting more will show up.

again a great time and good conversation.

Thanks all.

Mike

Those carvings look darn good. I have to add model is not all is to it, operator also plays significant role in creation of final product!

I am not sure which one of you is in cahrge of the meeting place and time , but I would like to come to the next one.

up and running

Finally got my Hybred up and running. I have also implemeted Thomas's Z Zero feature. IT IS REALLY FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Here is how it works.
    At power up you do a Reference All. This sets the machine coordinates so it knows where the fixed touch is located. once the material is mounted you use the movable touch off and set the Z zero to top or bottom of material with the Initial Zero Setup button. When a tool change is read in the job the router stops and the Z moves to pretermined location where you change the tool. Replace the tool and click on the Tool Change Zero Setup button and the Z does a touchoff to the fixed touch off and calculates and sets the proper offset for the new tool. Click on Cycle Start and the job contunues with the tool at the proper offset.
    If you use the bottom of material as zero you don't have to do a Initial Zero Setup untill after the machine is powered down regardless of material thickness.

Thanks Art for kind words. People are using my screen set in UK and Australia already..... converted to metric.

Are we interested in starting again?

I am game and willing to help out.
    Plano TX

I've been so busy I forgot about all this. We finally got some good sawdust on our mill. Now that we're operational, I'd love to start having some more dinners / lunches.

Now, to the planning for our next little event:

What do you guys think about Saturday the 23rd or Sunday the 24th? I assume next weekend is too soon, and I think the next weekend is "Taxes due" weekend which I'm sure many people will be busy during.

I've been so busy I forgot about all this. We finally got some good sawdust on our mill. Now that we're operational, I'd love to start having some more dinners / lunches.

Now, to the planning for our next little event:

What do you guys think about Saturday the 23rd or Sunday the 24th? I assume next weekend is too soon, and I think the next weekend is "Taxes due" weekend which I'm sure many people will be busy during.
    I for one would sure like to attend. I will be coming from two to two and a half hours away so I will need real good directions. Saturday works best for me , but I can go with the majority.

Sounds good...That 'Taxes Due' weekend is really putting a crimp in my CNC budget...The Joe's R&P has been put on hold...

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmstetter View Post
    Sounds good...That 'Taxes Due' weekend is really putting a crimp in my CNC budget...The Joe's R&P has been put on hold...
    Hey if you need anything cut, give Phoenix or me a call now that we've got a working machine.

Sprint, where would you be coming from?

I've missed a few of these meetings my self.

Lets get something on the calendar

Hey if you need anything cut, give Phoenix or me a call now that we've got a working machine.

Sprint, where would you be coming from?
    Gladewater Texas about half way between Tyler and Longview Texas

Would hit Dallas area on I 20 coming from the East

Well, our dinners / lunches are usually 90 minutes to 2 hours. I'd hate for you to spend 4 hours in the car for just that, but it's up to you.

Anyone want to start throwing out restaurant ideas or potential cuisines? I'm assuming we want to meet somewhere along 635 or 75 again.

Well, our dinners / lunches are usually 90 minutes to 2 hours. I'd hate for you to spend 4 hours in the car for just that, but it's up to you.

Anyone want to start throwing out restaurant ideas or potential cuisines? I'm assuming we want to meet somewhere along 635 or 75 again.
    Well if you have it on a Saturday I will be able to make it a dual purpose trip.
    I don't mind the drive maybe every other meeting or so if can meet others that can help me instead of the locals around my area that just want me to tell them how they can do CNC and I have to start from the beginning with them.
    I like that sharing knowlege concept that I hope these meetings can bring out.

Page 6 of 15 45678