586,077 active members*
3,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 15 56789
    Am I in charge of picking a restaurant and date again, by default? Doesn't seem like anyone else has suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Matarife View Post
    Am I in charge of picking a restaurant and date again, by default? Doesn't seem like anyone else has suggestions.
    Well if we picked Hooters we might have a good time but not sure we would learn much on CNC topics LOL

Edit: Whoops, that was quick. Next weekend isn't going work for my business partner Phoenix. What do you all think of May 1st? I also realized we need to eat at a place that's cafeteria style unless we all want to RSVP and make a reservation for a larger table.

Next meet

I think YourWay Burger in Farmers Branch would be a great place. ( Midway RD and Alpha Rd just a block North of 635. It is never crowded on the weekend, very good food, has a Bar and easy to find.

Mike

I am up for it

Saturday would be better but sunday is OK I could probalby find that place in farmers branch. Think it is a little over 120 miles for me by the google.

Mike great choice, I hope I can make it I got stuff to sell in Houston this weekend I will try to make it if I can.

Meet date

So how about next weekend on Saturday May the 8th at 1:00 pm.
    Your way burger in Farmers Branch?

MK

Did the meeting on May 8th end up happening? I've been so busy I just forgot about this whole affair.

anyone around this area familiar with Mach3? I need help setting up my router. It could be in person or over the phone, your preference....

Thanks in advance.....

give me shout SAt night after 6pm 972 342 7633
    Thomas

Well, we managed to get ours setup but I don't know if we're experts or anything. Where in the metroplex are you?

Well, we managed to get ours setup but I don't know if we're experts or anything. Where in the metroplex are you?
    I on the south end in Midlothian.

BIGTEX let me know if I can call again, I have a couple more questions.

Thanks

Anyone around Denton? I'm a college student with no CnC machine (no room) but many projects over the years that need one! I know about electronics and have been looking for quite awhile for someone with a CnC machine that might share my hobby. My current projects are building a UV exposure box to help make PCBs and using an ATMEGA328 (Arduino) chip to build a word clock. Anyone around?

Help in Lancaster Texas

Big Tex is in North Dallas an I am in Lancaster on the south edge Dallas at I35E and I20. Glad to help and have a 4by4 router and 18" by 10' four axis indexer. Running Mach 3. Feel free to call 7 days 0800 to 2100 at 972-227-2741. My site www.turningaround.org.

Be glad to offer use of my machines for CAD help or a couple of soft drinks.

My advice is use your schools machine shop while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Art Ransom View Post
    Big Tex is in North Dallas an I am in Lancaster on the south edge Dallas at I35E and I20. Glad to help and have a 4by4 router and 18" by 10' four axis indexer. Running Mach 3. Feel free to call 7 days 0800 to 2100 at 972-227-2741. My site www.turningaround.org.

Be glad to offer use of my machines for CAD help or a couple of soft drinks.
    Art Ransom, thanks for the reply. That is a great setup you have there! I am learning CAD rapidly so I will keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by chimpera View Post
    My advice is use your schools machine shop while you can
    I wish, but I don't have access to it.

I'm gonna jump in here just to say hi. I'm in Sanger, just north of Denton. I build choppers and hotrods and components for both. Been in and out of cnc zone for years but have never had or used a cnc machine. That is now changing. I just bought a Matsuura RA-1 VMC. I'm in the process of setting it up now. Hope to turn on the power button next week. I know this is not really the kind of machine that most on the Zone are into but I need production capabilities. I've been working my way through Peter Smid's books but I'm feeling a little lost at the moment. I run Alibre CAD Pro and CAM
    Standard so I'm hoping that that will take some of the sting out of learning to code. Would certainly like to meet others in the area that might be able to help me along.

I know how everyone is here about pics so here's one of the machine a couple days before the riggers moved it to my shop. Still running parts.

Bob

Alex, Phoenix and I are in Irving. We've got a Joe's Hybrid 4x4, and Cut2D from Vectric. PM me if you'd like to come check out our setup and maybe get some dinner.

Alex, Phoenix and I are in Irving. We've got a Joe's Hybrid 4x4, and Cut2D from Vectric. PM me if you'd like to come check out our setup and maybe get some dinner.
    Hey guys, sounds like a good setup. I would definitely like to come check it out sometime soon. I really like Joe's machines!

Page 7 of 15 56789