586,032 active members*
2,959 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Is there a new Postprocessor for MACH3 ver. 3.0

Is there a new Postprocessor for MACH3 ver. 3.0

Hi
    Is there a special postprocessor for the MACH3 Version 3.0 software.
    When I am producing Gcode form Partmaster CAD it seems OK but the small ARCs are substituted with the rest of the circle - i.e. a box with fillets in the corner will produce a Gcode of a box with 4 "big mickey mouse ears" one in each corner.
    This happens if I am using L1M_MACH3.PPR postprocessor
    If I am using L1M_MAXNC.PPR postprocessor instead everything seems to be OK - perfect handling of the ARCs and no "mickey mouse ears"

Do anyone know the upgrade price for the Hobbylicence of Partmaster version 10 level 2 - I have got the Hobbylicence of Partmaster 9.x level 2 Includes CAD and CAM modules for Mill, lathe, EDM and Postprocessor and COMMS module

Regards
    Geir Soland
    Norway

Hi Geir,
    Is this showing up when you load the file in Mach3? If so, you may be able to get past it by going to the Config tab in Mach, General Config. tab, and under the General Logic Configuration window the I J Mode has 2 choices with radio buttons(Absolute & Inc ) try selecting the other button for the I J Mode and see if the file loads with arcs instead of the full circles. I think this is what I ended up doing to correct this situation. Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

I'm not sure that pricing is allowed to be posted publicly due to forum rules. I have sent a PM to you! Also, did that work what Wes sent to you?

Thanks WES

toggle this setting and changeing back to a 2005 edition of MACH3 postprocessor fixed the problem.

regards
    from Norway

Geir

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin USA View Post
    I'm not sure that pricing is allowed to be posted publicly due to forum rules. I have sent a PM to you! Also, did that work what Wes sent to you?
    Unless they have been altered, the Mach3 posts I wrote and supplied to Dolphin should work. They are all ABS arcs.

Working copies should also be available from Mach3 support group.

Steve Blackmore

please tell me were to get the 2005 version of the mach three post processor i am having these problems two .what i was able to get in to mach was uninteligable and also looked like mouse ears .but now it it will just say this is not a rectangle or a circle and lock up your program. i tried changing the ij thing in mach no help. i finally got a hold of chad at mach support hes working with the progammer trying to figure it out. there is a heck of a problem when going from say a rectangle on one end and a radius on the outher end it looses its figgin mind .

You may be able to get past it by going to the Config tab in Mach, General Config. tab, and under the General Logic Configuration window the I J Mode has 2 choices with radio buttons(Absolute & Inc ) try selecting the other button for the I J Mode and see if the file loads with arcs instead of the full circles.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

all ready tried it no change

The settings in the Startup Modals section for the IJ Mode may need to be changed to the other setting (Absolute or Incremental)

or

the opposite.

This is very common for Mach users.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Geir,

Try this post attached and also in Mach3 under config on the setup screen there is a box you can put commands that need to be remembered on startup.

Type in G91.1 and close the program, then reopen it.
    This forces Mach to only read the arcs in incremental moves.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevens...M_MACH3INC.ppr

ill try that thank you the link you sent . it says it has been removed oh well but i will try the outher thing though

Link repaired.
    Sorry I renamed it INC at the end so it didn't over write the standard post and didn't update the link.

John S.

thanks john ill give it anouther try