586,069 active members*
3,629 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > input from the syill x3 owners

input from the syill x3 owners

Hey folks I've been reading all the reviews and it seems like the x3 has great potiential, but from reading the post here it seems like there is some bugs to workout. My question to the new owners, does anyone regret their purchase and if you had problems, were you able to fix the issues with syils support? Im interested in stepping up in mill size and the x3 / tormach both fit the size needed. It looks like the syil x3 is a very good looking machine, but can it run like it looks. I have done the math, and for the buck the x3 is very impressive if it can perform. If you do the math on the tormach it looks to be a 1/3 more or so. Any help here with facts and truth will be appreciated.

I purchased an x3 and it is all it should be for what it is. I had a few minor problems with it but the manufacture worked with me to solve them. I plan to sell mine soon being I retrofitted a slighly larger round column machine over to cnc. I paid full price and would be willing to take a slight loss to recoupe my investment. It can cut aluminum at a decent pace for a small machine and can machine some very accurate parts. I was really amazed at just how accurate it was. I can cut a circular pocket and it is perfectly round. within .0002 that is using a lot of experience with general macining and sharp tooling. good feeds and speeds. One thing that impressed me was stepping in the pocket was un noticable. Let me know if you want to make a deal. Where are you located? I am in Oregon.

Two different machines for sure X3 and the tormach both seem nice but the main difference from what I see is the work area, weight and size if you need a smaller area then the x3 seems like one heck of a price but you may want to get full build specs to make sure it is what you are looking for and I have also herd of some problems. they do have a great price.

I would say go for the Syil SX3. It's a fantastic machine and you can't go wrong with it. I have been hogging out aluminum with 1/2" endmill at 9 to 12 ipm which a FogBuster coolant system. It works great! I'm really pleased with it and it is letting me create some very impressive parts for a machine i'm building.

Cheers, and good luck with whatever you choose!

Wade

How about showing those parts to us ?

Sorry, but I can't show any parts off right now. I'm in a prototyping mode at the moment. I'll eventually show the machine i'm building off on here, but not now. The Syil has definitely fulfilled my needs however. It's a great machine, it's strong and it's accurate.

Wade

Thats ok can you post a picture of your machine to show just how big it realy is?

This is the best I can do for you at short notice.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=52

Wade

Has anyone seen the x4? To me it looks the same as the x3 and the same short y axis movement.

Smile

I knew absolutely nothing about engineering & even less about CNC before I bought my SX3. I sought A LOT of advice from people whose opinion could be respected in such matters and most of them scoffed at the idea of buying what they called a Chinese 'chocolate' pillar drill.

Most of them have been thoroughly impressed by the SX3 (even more so by Mach 3) and grudgingly admit that it made sense for my needs at that time.

The Tormach came a very close second but just over budget &, coupled with the hassle of importing one to the UK I passed it over. Had they a presence over here I think I would now wish that I bought one.

Although I only ask my SX3 to do light duties, in less than 2 yrs it has (just recently) paid for itself. There have been problems but I can't fault the support from Syil UK, in fact I wish they stocked a few other items I have on my wish list as I'm currently battling to even get specs from a few suppliers !

I'm now close to a stage where I need a lot more from a CNC mill than the SX3 can offer, I do a lot of engraving so the 3500rpm max is slowing me down, I desperately need auto tool changing and I'm in 2 minds whether its worth building a coolant tray & enclosure because all that will be solved when I buy a dedicated engraver @ £4k and a 2nd user 'BIG' mill @ (hopefully) around £8k.

I always intended to sell the SX3 after 2 yrs to help fund the purchase of the bigger mill but I'm desperately adjusting my budgets to try & keep it, not that I've become emotionally attached to it of course, but I reckon I could still find a use for her after my business has progressed.

I'm certainly glad I never tackled my own conversion and even a first gen (decent cond') CNC mill like a Bridgeport etc would cost a lot more, so if it fits your needs, buy one, without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyr70 View Post
    I plan to sell mine soon being I retrofitted a slighly larger round column machine over to cnc. I paid full price and would be willing to take a slight loss to recoupe my investment. I am in Oregon.
    Where about in Oregon are you located? I am in the SW portion of the State and am trying to talk myself into buying a SX3 CNC.
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

The problem with the x3 is the y axis movement is to small or I would buy one.

Relpying to blue fin, I have sold my x3. there will be more I'm sure. It is a great little machine and was fun to learn on. I am still learning but just on a slightly larger machine.