Hello.
First of all: Thank you for this wonderful site and all the work CNC admin performs.
I've been a member for some time now but this is my first posting. A short background: My electronic knowhow is limited to my radio amature activity and some. Last year I got hold of a 3-axial CNC used for learning purpose at a technical school. The machine was produced in Norway in mid 80's and the company dosn't excist anymore. No drawings, no info of anything just a machine that didn't work. The driver units for each axis doesn't receive step/dir signals. Anyway, after a lot of experimenting I've decided to change the drivers. I bought 3 of this kit: http://www.electronickits.com/kit/co...tor/ck1405.htm to go with the internal power supply, about 15,7 volts. I will run the machine from PC parallell port. The motors are:
Superior Electric, Slo-syn 53oz, 200 steps, 3.8 A, 1,25 volts, 6 wire, type M061-FD08 (hope I remember this correct). I've used a current limiting resistor at 4 ohms ( parallell 6x27ohms, each 15watts ). I haven't been able to find the right drawings for the motors, but measured the winding recistance to 0,4 - 0,8 - 0,4 ohms. I've connected the wires in all possible ways, but the motors won't move the axis. Just a lot of staggering. I begin to think the Kit isn't suitable?? for these kind of motors. I tried a unipolar step motor from a laser printer and it worked fine, think the windings were 12,5 and 25ohms, voltage and ampere unknown. "Fair" deal of torque when the motor was running. The Kit has two options, internal or external pulses. There is a variable resistor on the Kit that allowes variation of the internal puls frequency. I'm obviously doing something seriously wrong here, and my electronic knowledge is not all that great. Anybody have any suggestions to get me started in the rigth dir Why are some motors staggering with little or no torque at all, while some are quite good?