587,006 active members*
3,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Meldas MO operator manual

Can anyone help me find an operating manual for the Meldas MO control Please?
    I just bought 2 and have no manuals at all. The machines are Leadwell VMC-O so if anyone has a manual for those I am interested in any info ie. Lubricants, etc.....

Thank you,
    Cutmore

Operator manual for Meldas MO

Caprirs,
    I tried that site already, I could not find the operating manual listed for the MO/M2 control. Do you know if there is another control that I could try that would be close? I am new to Mitsubishi's.

Thanks for any help.
    Cutmore

This is not what you need? http://www.meau.com/Files/BNP-B2240.PDF You need the manual that explains the screen layout, parameters, modes, etc.?

It might be worth calling Mitsubishi to ask if they have what you're looking for.

Operating Manual

Caprirs,
    Thanks again,
    Yes I am looking for how to run the control. Are you familiar with them? I just bought 2 vmc's with these controls and last night I was able to get the 1st machine to jog, Manually home, manually turn on the spindle but I could not seem to turn the spindle on in MDI? I typed in S200 M3, Then input, Then hit cycle start. There was a message telling me MDI read mode?
    Does it sound like I am missing something?
    (A clue Maybe)?

P.S. (capri rs) The Car?

Thanks,
    Cutmore

The machine should have a mode select switch on the control panel. There are likely options for MDI, Memory, and Tape/DNC. On my Mitsubishi M3 machines, I have an MDI screen where I put:
    Sxxxx M3;
    M30;

Pressing Input saves the MDI program. If I press the Reset button, I have to go back to the MDI screen and press Input again to "re-save" the MDI info.

Yes, the car.

MDI mode

caprirs,
    Thanks,
    I was able to enter the code and save it. I wonder if I programmed a spindle speed that was too low. I am not sure if my spindles go to 4500 or 10k as the nameplate on the spindle motor (mitsubishi SJ 3.7A) has 3 lines, 1 says 1500rpm, the next says 4500rpm, the third says 10K.
    Can the spindle on yours go from 0 up or is there a low-end minimum speed?

I had a '79 pace car with the turbo 4 and loved it, Damn! why did I sell that!
    I have always thought the Capris were better looking than the 'stang though.

I checked out your web site, It sounds like we are in the same boat, I have a 2 car garage, in that I have a series2 cnc Bridgeport, 2 Leadwell Machining centers, a cnc router, cnc lathe, & miscellaneous other stuff.
    I am working full time and have my company in the garage, (2nd full time job?)
    Do you work full time as well or just for your self?

Sorry if I got to long-winded,
    Cutmore

I think those spindle motor speeds refer to the power rating in KW at each speed. There should be another number next to the rpm. The motor should be a 10Krpm motor but you may have a pulley ratio that results in a higher or lower spindle speed. On my machines, the pulleys are 1:1 so I can run 10K at the spindle. Minimum spindle speed is about 50rpm. However, since my machines have M3 controls, there may be some differences.

I know most procedures are similar between the M3 and M500 series controls. It may be worth downloading the manual for an M3 and seeing how much difference there is.

If you like the early Fox Mustang/Capri, check out www.foureyedpride.com

My car: http://www.foureyedpride.com/caprirs Between my wife and me, we have '79 Capri, 2 '84 Capris, '85.5 SVO and an '85 GT.

The two machines are in the garage like yours. They provide approximately 60% of my income. I get the other 40% as a contract employee for a small shop.

cut more,

I am new to Mitsubishi Meldas M0, fairly green all around with CNC. But I do have an M0 instruction manual, not being an expert, I will try to give you my best interpretation (and my machine is not powered up yet to verify live.

In the bottom two rows of the MDI screen is a message area. If in the "<Data Set>" commands can be entered and read-write out-into memory. If "NO SETTING" is in the message area, the codes are not yet executable, still programming mode.

After entering your commands or code, "DATA", and the final "M02" or "M30" command, depress the [INPUT] key. The message area should update to "SETTING COMPLETE" and the MDI operation becomes executable. Pressing "AUTO DRIVE" will begin execution.

Hope this helps, although my experience puts my suggestions somewhere down near "a stab in the dark."

Testing the new toys

Thanks for the help guys,
    I was able to get the MDI to work last night.
    I ordered the operation manual from Mitsu last night too. $76.38 hardcopy +$15 for overnight shipping, not bad!
    I was able to get the toolchanger to move lastnight,not sure it did everything it was supposed to as I have no toolholders yet.

A weird thing started after the machine was running for a while though, All of a sudden the drives kicked out and the control locked up. I had to power off at the monitor to re-set. Then when I powered back on the screen was totally filled with caracters both english & japanese. I had to turn the power off to the machine for a while and re-start. Then I was able to re-home and jog. I was looking in the cabinet to see if there were any LED's lit and all of a sudden the drives kicked out again! I didn't do it I swear!
    Anyone have any idea where to start to figure this out?

Any help greatly appreciated,
    Cutmore
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM0238.jpg   HPIM0239.jpg  

I would start by checking for loose wires and cables. Shut off the power and try to tighten every screw on terminal strips, make sure all connectors are fully seated, and make sure no boards have wiggled loose. During transportation, the machine can be bounced around enough to make some loose connections. Also, check the incoming voltage to make sure you have 200-240VAC. A lot of controls will shut themselves off if the voltage is outside that range.

caprirs,
    Thanks,
    I did start checking screw terminals last night, connectors etc. I am using a Rotaphase phase converter and will have to check the voltages tonight. I think I will clean the boards too, as I know the Bridgeports could develop current paths on the boards if they get too dirty.

I believe this is the same problem the prior owner was having and why I got the 2 of them for only $1200. The second machine I was told was for parts, but it looks like everything is there waiting to be re-installed. The newer machine (87 vs 86) is the one for parts. Hopefully I can figure out the problem and be running at least 1 of them. I just did a job on the Bridgeport last month that took ~1200 manual tool-changes in 2 weeks and I don't want to do that again!
    P.S. I checked out your car. Looks good.

Thanks,
    Cutmore

if you take a look at the control power supply you will see 2 terminals marked acin, measure these and make sure they measure around 100vac.

Kevins75,
    Thanks for the tip,
    I will check that tonight when I get home,
    Thanks for the help,
    Cutmore

My machines are also on rotary phase converters and have been for the past 12 years. I have had one machine kick off a few times until I adjusted the transformer taps to raise the voltage about 10%. I get between 208-224VAC depending on which legs I check between.

caprirs,
    Thanks for the info, I Have a Rotaphase converter (5hp) And I was hoping I wasn't going to need one of the megabuck balanced converters.
    I had the 1st machine control running most of yesterday while learning my way through the contrrol. The machine ran without faulting out and I got the toolchanger working. Now I just need to figure out how to load a program in to the machine.
    Thanks,

Cutmore

See my post #12 in this thread: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13048

I use Hyperterminal. I am in process of upgrading to better wiring and software over the next week or two. However, for bare bones simple file transfer, what I listed in that thread works for me.

File transfer

caprirs,
    Thanks for the info on the file transferring. Did you ever get the drip-feeding to work with the Hyperterminal? I read somewhere that you had been able to drip-feed but I can't find the link now.
    I ran the mill again last night for a while and so far it seems like the control is stable so now I want to put it through it's paces. I cleaned the whole machine and took a picture,so now I must get it dirty again!
    I still need to get BT40 tooling but at least I have a drill chuck and can run some light cuts with it.
    I have a DNC cable that came with the mills that is DB25 on both ends so now I will try connecting it up tonight.
    Thanks,
    Cutmore

I cannot get Hyperterminal to DNC reliably. Simple transfers work fine though. I just got some isolators that I'll be wiring up this week. Then I'll start fiddling with software for the DNC.

DNC Software

Caprirs,
    Thanks for the reply,
    I have a Boss8 Bridgeport that uses EZLINK for dnc, I can reliably load a program with that, but the dripfeed frequently crashes. I have found that many of the newer pc's com ports put out a lower voltage signal, 3v vs. the older pc's seem to be 5v.
    I need to try an older pc with a higher voltage signal to see if that is the problem. Maybe this is what causes Hypertherm to not reliably dnc.
    If I have any luck getting the dripfeed to work I will definitely let you know.

What part of Arizona are you in? I went out there once to visit for 3 days and I liked the painted dessert. I also visited Jerome while I was there.

Cutmore

Page 1 of 3 123