I have a Sharp SV-2412 with a 0iMate-MB control that just started acting up. With the holidays I have not run any programs on it in about three weeks, just started it up about every 3 days, zeroed it, and ran the coolant pump for a few minutes to help keep skunking at bay. I went to run a test program yesterday (dinking with a post processor) and it was telling the machine to home about 400 feet over the roof of the shop. Got an overtravel alarm, fixed the code, and it runs the program fine. The problem that I am having now is that after I run the program (or other older known good programs) is that about ten seconds after the run has finished and the amber finished light starts its happy flashing, the machine goes into emergency mode. I hear a relay in the back kick, --EMG-- starts flashing on the screen, the axis status lights start flashing, and Return to all axis ref pos. pops up on the screen. This is when running a program in auto. It is acting just like I had pushed the Emergency Stop button on the front or back of the machine.

I can hit the cycle start button on the control and then run a zrtn and rehome all of the axises, but this is not a lot of fun. I tried holding down the O/P key, shift and cancel when booting it up, but that did not seem to make any difference. Any ideas on what is going on?