586,105 active members*
3,220 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > Excellent Service from automation-overstock.com

Excellent Service from automation-overstock.com

I had been hunting for linear rails for my cnc router for quite while. I was looking for 3000mm, 1700 and 700 long pairs. No long rails on Ebay. The THK on-line store was out of my reach. And then I saw the posting here onthe forum about automation4less and their outlet store, automation-overstock.com. I ordered NOS Hiwin rails and blocks. After ordering on their web site, I got a phone call confirming the order. Since they are only about 2 hrs away and shipping 10' rails would be expensive, I drove up there to pick them up in person.
    I felt like a kid in the candy store: Their rather sizable warehouse is full of all kinds of goodies (pneumatics, linear actuators, electronic control gear, aluminum extrusion, etc): The must have miles and miles of linear rail in stock.
    Anyway, ended up buying more stuff. Their prices were comparable to what used stuff sells on fleabay.
    Great service, good advice, very nice people: They let me roam through the warehouse to see what else they have in stock.
    I know I will be back for more.

Cheers,
    Bernhard

PS I am not affiliated with this outfit, just one very satisfied customer.

Thanks, Bernhard. Your comments are much appreciated. We've now completed our buyout of the remaining factory inventory of the HIWIN AG and LG bearings and rail. It took FIVE tractor trailer loads to get it to our warehouse. Soon we'll have it posted on our Automation Overstock store. In the meantime, if there's anything specific that anyone's looking for, just let us know through the contact form on our website: www.automation-overstock.com

Thanks,
    Kent Williams, for the Automation Overstock team

I too have received excellent service from Kent Williams. Kent researched and located some obsolete Hiwin blocks for me.

A very good friend of mine is also very happy with the service. He got rails and blocks.

Kent is prompt and kept us updated throughout the purchases.

I highly recommend this company.

Best Regards,

Roy

Automation Overstock appreciates your comments!

Thanks, everyone, very much for your positive responses! Nobody's perfect, but we really do try and meet our customers' needs.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Automation Overstock has completed its buyout of the remaining USA factory stocks of HIWIN AG and LG linear bearings & rail. This inventory has now been moved to our warehouse, is organized and ready to ship.

Be sure to check out our website (www.automation-overstock.com) for individual blocks, rail or package combo deals. There's also a great new technical section for these HIWIN products (and linear guideways in general) so you can make the right selection.

We have a tremendous amount of product available...to give you an idea, the mfrs. original list on what we bought was nearly $4 million...and it took five tractor trailer loads to move it.

I purchased two sets of 35mm Hiwin rails for replacements on my Takisawa VMC about two months ago. They were special order, higher preload versions to replace an obsolete NSK series rail. I talked to a very helpful lady over the phone, and they sent them from Taiwan in about a week and a half to my door. Their prices were excellent, and I'm very satisfied with the service I received. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

- Cameron