586,077 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BCC Tech Support

This is yet another rant. I see a pattern...

Recently a tech told me to call on a Saturday. That is supposed to be a low volume day since many people do not realize that they can call then. That way, the could spend more time with me with a problem.

I called on a Saturday (today) and was rushed off of the phone. The tech didn't want to connect the computers (so that he could 'drive' my computer). Instead, he told me to send the file via email. He would look at it and call me back. I've been through this before.

I called back about an hour after sending the file. To wait on hold we have to press '1'. After one minute, we are dumped into the voicemail system. I've also been through that before. I have not and can not speak to anyone after the initial phone call.

I'm frustrated that the tech didn't care to understand the problem that I'm having. (The phone call was about 2 minutes long.) I'm frustrated that I can't call them to talk to them. I'm frustrated that the latest version still doesn't work with Windows Vista.

I know, the techs are busy and that BCC employs very few of them. Apparently, BobCad is okay with frustrated customers.

The software is cheap and I know why. The toolpath has a mind of it's own. Tech support is almost nonexistent. Software problems are always my fault.

I will not spend another dime at BobCad.
    Rob in Ohio

Don't feel bad your not the only one. V22 won't even run on my computer. Called them I Don't no how many times trying to get through all you get is that answering machine if you do get through you end up talking to a lady that’s just screening the calls and then she tells you that a tech will call you right back. 3 to 4 hours later when you finally say screw it and go do something they call you back when your not their. when I finally did get a hold of some one and all they can say is theirs something in my computer that won't let it run. then they say they have to talk to their IT guy to see what causing it not to run and they will call me back. I still waiting for that phone call. This has gone on for a month now I'm tired of dealing with it. more then likely they won’t refund my money so I'll keep using v21 till I Buy MasterCam or Onecnc.

Another unhappy customer that will never waste money on Bobcad again.

It would be interesting to find out how many people have V22 running on Vista.

Did you folllow the instructions on Bobcad's support sight? Did you have Vista security enabled/disabled? Amount of Video ram and system ram? Which version of Vista? Have you updated using Bobcad's update web sight? Did you install from the CD?

I have installed on 2 sepperate Vista systems loaded one from the CD the other from the download sight. Both work with no major problems. One had a line on the top of the CAD window that support said had to do with anti-alliasing (Vista adjustable). The other had no problems that I have come across. One was a laptop with Vista Basic the other was a HP with Home premium.

Both systems I removed the installed NIS and installed AVG and turned off the security prior to installing Bobcad. No install error and ran on the first try.

When I hear someone saying Bobcad V22 does not run on Vista it just sounds like there must be some reason why not. I know a few others who have installed and are running on Vista and wonder if there is some particular reason why some can not.

Sorry but I'm running XP. But I've dumped the software about 5 times reloaded it turned off the security suite tried reloading, went to the web site downloaded the update. Tried turning off some the applications in Task manager still will not run

Wow! The first person posted he was using Vista. I wonder then what would cause it not to run on XP. All the systems at the shop are XP Pro and I have it installed on 2 of those. We had Bobcad from version 17 and upgraded each release. Every one of them ran with no problems on the XP systems and even on a 2000 system with V21. Anyhow there must be something unique that would cause it not to run.

Do you have any other system in which to test it on?

TJones, I have updated everything possible. I've spent hours chasing my tail because BCC Tech said it would 'fix the problems'. Per their request, I've made many changes. Nothing has changed.

Last night it crashed after running for 15 seconds.
    Rob in Ohio

Yes It will run on my daughters computer but not on mine!

Quote Originally Posted by 69owb View Post
    Yes It will run on my daughters computer but not on mine!
    This might be a shot in the dark but check your AntiVirus and FireWall settings.

These are usually the conflicting softwares that interfere with CAD/CAM Softwares. Vista is a different story all together.

I had to dump Norton because of this. Constant conflicts with McAfee has made others switch as well.

My new FireWall is a Real PITA so CAD/CAM no longer runs on the Internet Computer, only on a PC that will never see the net ever again. There are way too many resource hogs in XP alone to run any Internet Security Softwares.

That is why it is best to get one dedicated PC for online software updates and keep the rest off the web.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I run Norton with Bobcad 07, Mastercam, and Onecnc.

hi both computers are running trend micro I was going to try and turn it off again and reload again. If you open task manager then click on v22 and watch the processes Bobcad.exe will popup for a few seconds and then disappear that’s about all it does