586,094 active members*
3,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

bridgeport II interact II resistor source

Looking for a source for a resistor thats on the breadboard of a bridgeport series II interact II heidenhain tnc151a labeled as ww 14w 5% 3r3 resistor Newark has them but they said since they are in the U.k. it will take 2 months to get them in there has to be another source for these any help will be greatly appreciated the newark part # is 26m4967 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resistor.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	50355

try DIGIKEY.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Already tried they don't carry it. Thanks anyway

Re ps supply parts

Hi. Is this one of the components from the 24v power supply ? I am not near my machine but I did build an entire new power supply for my BP series 2 int 2 about 2 months ago. I was able to easily find all the parts needed, some had to be sub'd to equal value but all are working fine. Let me know If I can help.

Dirky, that is probably something I'll have to do in the near future and probably pick your brain but my brother in law told me as long as the resitance value stays the same we can up the watts so if this is true there is some 25 watt in stock to get us up and going

re

more watts=good

The wattage rating of a resistor is an upper value that mustn't be exceeded, no problems using a 25 watt in place of a 14 watt.

Another approach is to use two lower powered resistors in parrallel - two 7 watt 6.6 ohm resistors are equivelent to one 3.3 ohm 14 watt one. As 6.6 is not a preferred value you would have to settle for a 6.8 pair giving 3.4 ohms rather than 3.3. Although this is outside of the +/- 5% tolerance I very much doubt it will give you any problems.

AWEM
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Thanks for confirming Gus and for the follow up Andrew. I really enjoy this forum and for everyone taking time out of there day to help a fella out.

resistor

Yes....go ahead and increase the wattage....the package type will likely be of the heavy ceramic type....but they dissapate heat better and you do have the space for it. Just maintain the value (or VERY close) and you will be fine. when these things are built the bean counters trim all the designs down to the lowest cost for each component....sad when the higher wattage resistor will cost only pennies more.