I have a lucky problem. I work for an e-scrap industrial surplus company. I have a steady supply of equipment that I can purchase for pennies on the dollar to use for my new cnc plasma table project. (Possibly with 3rd axis for router ) My problem is I need to get while the getting is good, and I am nowhere near ready to understand the finer points of servo/ encoder/ drive options. I just found a stack of compumotor oem 650x drives, and a compumotor oem 670t torque amplifier. My problem is I am not sure if this is a good option. The manual says it works with up to size 34 motor. Is this sufficient for a 4' x 4' table? I have rail options that include a 6' Thomson double v rail with bearings, or I can use a pair of 4' Thomson double round rails with 2CA120MEL bearing. My experience in machine building is limited to a simple dual drum sander and a less simple pneumatic forging hammer. I have no means to machine any materials in my shop. I can drill, forge, cut and bend with my Hossfeld. I have seen a number of nice plans here that I can probably adapt to fit my materials and needs. Any help in the selection of the servo motor system would be greatly appreciated.

I am also willing to help you folks find what you need. Some of this stuff goes to the scrapper if I am not around to stop it.