586,388 active members*
3,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > my artcam pro saves g-code with inverted z values !!!

my artcam pro saves g-code with inverted z values !!!

hi
    i am new in using artcam pro , and my problem is that the g code of the toolpath for a relief is saved with inverted z coordinates , and the result is a negative femalefor the relief i am trying to machine .
    can anyone solve this

thank you
    waleed

waleed,

These types of issues and post processor tweaking are best administered and handled with the assitance from your reseller (the company from whom you purchased ArtCAM).

Typically this type of an issue shouldnt be too complicated to adjust and fix but with that said it will all depend on exactly what isnt correct with the post processor and what your machine needs to read in order to run the code correctly.

The post processors in ArtCAM are controlled by a text file (.con) that can be edited by anyone who understands the G & M codes (providing that's what your machine needs to drive it).

The path to these text files (post processors) will be something along these lines;

C:\Program Files\ArtCAM Pro 9\Postp

If someone is not familar with editing these post and reading/understanding the codes then it is not advisable for these to be edited as it could cause major issues with your machine and how the code runs.

Again your ArtCAM reseller would probably be the best person to coordinate with in order to get this inverted issue resolved.

I hope this information assist you with how best to go about getting your problem resolved.

thank u sean P . Actually, i tried to edit the g code manually from the text file and this is a good way for small g-codes , but for large g-codes it will be unreasonable since it will be a great waste of time because there are lots of signs to reverse .
    thank u again sean

I have been looking at ArtCam, Does anyone have feedback about the program?
    I have several CNC Routers, and run them full time.
    It seems like an amazing program, Is it better or worse than others?

go to the artcam forum and ask for help there i am sure you will get the help you need if your reseller is not available.
    artcam is a very fine program,but it takes a long time to become proficient to feel that you are any good, you can use it rather quickly to make a dent in making some $$$$$$ but you will need to keep at it, much to learn, very enjoyable to booot, amazing at what you can do, very pleasing to you yourself and to your customers, they will spread the word rather fast and you will become rather nervous when you get a request for a special gift, but more than worth it. i started out with insignia than upgraded to the pro and have been more than pleased with it, but like i said, much to learn, much to forget, and much to enjoy.