586,115 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Dayton OH Newbie needing assistance.

Dayton OH Newbie needing assistance.

After scouring these forums for a month, I have decided that CNC is something that insterests me alot. I am looking for someone in the Dayton area or possibly even the Columbus area to help me construct my cnc.

I am wanting to construct Joe's CNC 2006, and I would like some help in cutting my parts out, and perhaps some crash courses on using this bad boy.

Is there anyone in the Dayton area willing to help me out?

so, no one in Dayton willing to show a newbie how get started with the software aspect of CNC?

Well, I'm a Georgetown Ohio newbie... and I'll do what I can.

I have more manual exp than cnc.

I'm leaning towards the Syil X3 ready to go...

and have a small bundle of machines that are in fit, retrofit, and refurbishing after moving here. The movers and the move were not kind. I've been kinda busy with the move, but the garage and its piles of boxes are beckoning.

I went to mendlesons and dug around in their piles of scrap and found some gigantic toe clamps, and shaper tooling. There was a ton of cnc toolholding stuff there... but it looks to have been for large hmc's. There was a bit of Morse (4 and 5?) taper quick change stuff... And lots of very large insert holders for lathes. I didn't find anybody to help me price items not labeled and they were kinda cranky at check out... One fellow customer told me there were other buildings and such, and I'd love to see what other machines they have tucked away, currently the only listed is a surface grinder on ebay.

I would like to swing up that way and see if CWWood will let me browse...

I'd like to get a knee mill for eventual conversion

Luck

Mike

I love mendleson's. I live about 15 min away. Go there whenever i can. I could spend days there just digging through that place.