586,080 active members*
3,539 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > replacement windows for VF3 door

replacement windows for VF3 door

What's the cheapest way to replace the door windows on a yr 2000 VF3?

Someone squirted acetone on our while trying to cleanup and they look vandalized now so I need to replace them.

Should I buy them from Haas, or is it alot cheaper to measure them and get the local plastic shop to cut up some Lexan the right size. Does anyone have the dimension handy for the windows?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Doug
    Atlanta

Take yours out and take them to a local plastic shop...or buy a sheet of Lexan and cut them yourself. It is simple to work with using a table saw and a saber saw with a sharp coarse tooth blade for curves.

One piece of advice: Do not, repeat DO NOT get convinced to buy the Lexan with the abrasion resistant coating. The coating makes it much more brittle and you have lost a large safety factor.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

wddanie,
    Price check the lexan first. Where I am from a sheet of lexan is $286.00 and I have to machine it to fit. I can buy them from HFO for $83.00 per window. My vote is to buy from HFO. Price check first!!!
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

Thats a nice tip. I would have probably gone with the anti abrasion coating.

Thanks,

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by JoBwan View Post
    wddanie,
    Price check the lexan first. Where I am from a sheet of lexan is $286.00 and I have to machine it to fit. I can buy them from HFO for $83.00 per window. My vote is to buy from HFO. Price check first!!!
    That is a good point. I guess my view is biased; we buy Lexan a 5 or 10 sheets at a time and get a much better price than that. Also have a GR510 which helps a little bit with the machining.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.