587,490 active members*
5,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > What VCU for Fanuc #5 black cap DC servo motors?

Hybrid View

What VCU for Fanuc #5 black cap DC servo motors?

I bought a machine with Fanuc #5 black cap DC servo motors. 108 volts 2000 rpm's.
    I have searched far and wide with no luck finding out which series of Fanuc VCU's would have been used with these motors.
    6035 ? 6045? 6047? or some others?
    It is a 1982 vintage machine.
    I'd very much appreciate even a clue or pointed in the right direction for more info on driving these servo's.
    Thank you, Brad

Re: What VCU for Fanuc #5 black cap DC servo motors?

These are large DC servo motors so if not using them with a Fanuc you would need to find a servo controller with the motor capacity, most you will find have +-10vdc analogue drive signal.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: What VCU for Fanuc #5 black cap DC servo motors?

Thank you Al. It's becoming very clear that anything Fanuc is not a great choice for the home shop. I will have to retro fit to a more modern system where you don't need a magical secret Fanuc coder ring to find any info at all. I'm surprised that Fanuc has not sued Ebay to stop them from selling used Fanuc manuals in fear that some proprietary info might be leaked to the general public!
    But I still want to find out which model Fanuc VCU's would have been used with the servo's I have. It's just bothering me that it's so hard to find out and I won't give up until I do.
    Somewhere on the world wide web I'll find an old picture of a machine with this equipment.