586,114 active members*
3,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 35 of 90 2533343536374585

jalessi:

In regard to your post #667, as a forum member, I don't need you to whine or complain on my behalf. I suspect many other forum members feel the same way. Mariss and Marcus have certainly never talked down to me or treated me unfairly, or in my opinion, anyone else on this forum. To the contrary, I have ALWAYS found them to be extremely helpful, courteous and in general some of the ABSOLUTE BEST PEPOPLE IN THE BUSINESS.

Rich

ok we all know most of us any way, the contest winner will be me..lol but really we can come up witha really good name for this drive...my ideas had to do with small and a play on the dinosaur t-rex.(g-rex) already taken so on to the next famous dino,a raptor....powerful and small,hmmm dont forget cheap..tho...hence, nano-raptor,so lets put our heads together and give 'em a name to be proud of,im am very amazed with gecko and their drives...and as i went back and re-read one of my first post ,i thought it would maybe not a good idea to even make a "cheap drive" (DOH!! HOMER SIMPSON MOMENT),now ,..on the other hand,i REALLY want some of those drives!! ,..more words of incouragment ...only a few months ago the drive didnt exist at all till one fateful night in a hot tub.. unlike most of yall here i dont have a cnc machine at all (i do run full size big boys at work, so i guess its not a priority) but i dont even understand half of what mariss says LOL but im very glad he puts his post here for the ones who DO understand it (im refering to the techie stuff..such as "we put a thingy here and a thingy there and needed another here to fix this" i would love to understand everything ,but dont have the time to invest ...but if you ever plan on moving a GECKO plant to southeastern USA then call me
    "witty comment"

I have to say that I have enjoyed reading the process as it moved along from idea to product. When they are available I will purchase one or two of the 504's 540's or whatever they are calling the whole ensemble.
    I just hope that gecko does the same thing with other new products also.

Bill

Lee,

I agree with you, no one likes criticism.

It is possible that Gecko feels that my post about "bragging" was derogatory, I apologize for that.

It is the way a person responds to criticism that defines him.

I have not made any intemperate,vituperative, or harshly censorious statements on this forum.

There might have been a little humor in the poem, it was in jest.

If I am out of line then the moderator of the Forum should censor my posts.

Jeff Alessi

Introducing the Gecko-EcO-LoCo-MoCo™

short for Economically-Optimized Low-Cost (not crazy) Motion Controller (or motor control)

...or selective abbreviations thereof !!!

...to which the further designations of
    Solo – for the single drive component (G250/G251)
    or
    Quad (or Quadro) – for the 4-axis system (G540)
    may be eloquently appended or interjected

OK, how about Geckocito (for little gecko).

Alan

I am already the winner However if The great men at Gecko do want to add G before SMART, so i will be happy to change accordingly...Now it may become G-SMART

Thank You again for considering my submitted name... I hope you will reply me soon...

All the other participants, Please don't waste your time in typing...If you still want to exercize on Keyboard then i will give you the address of some Ingenious TYPING TUTOR software ...:rainfro:

I hope u all will not mind, and if anyone among you mind...then he will be the one having mind

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post

If I am out of line then the moderator of the Forum should censor my posts.
    I would be shocked if I am the only one who has asked Al to do exactly that...

--Scott

Quote Originally Posted by punkin View Post
    I would be shocked if I am the only one who has asked Al to do exactly that...

--Scott
    But if we censored everything someone didn't like, this place wouldn't be what it is. Censorship is a last resort, and is very seldom used.

If everyone ignored the posts they don't like, they'll quickly fade away. Unfortunately, everyone always wants to argue with the original poster, leading to long drawn out threads that should have ended with the offending post.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Somebody want to use Mongoose

Small, yet aggressive carnivore, that will eat up anything, including snakes. It'll take on all comers.
    Walking is highly over-rated

Today when i was travelling, saw few of my friends crying and weeping...I get near them and found the reason....My heart weeps when i listen them...I found They were looser of the name competition...
    I just said them "WAIT..GECKO is not stagnant company,they have a vision and they will work out for u, and u will get another oppurtunity"....

For me, the things that vanished from this world a long time ago (==> DInosuars or their competitors)...I will never attached them to this drive, I see this G-SMART never vanishing from this world

"GET SMART WITH G-SMART"

Smile Gecko driver for stepper motor

Hi All,
    Which model of gecko driver can use with hybrid stepping motor at 1200 oz-in,unipolar ,8 wires?

Mongkol

Mongkol,

All of the current shipping model Gecko stepper drives should work fine with your motor, they are rated up to 80 volts and 7 amps.

The G320 G340 are servo drives, they of course are not compatible.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Alessi

Smile Gecko driver

Hi Jeff,
    Big Thank for your help

Mongkol

I truly love a cat fight!!!!

but not at the expense of Gecko ................ Could we get on with the post topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongkol View Post
    Hi All,
    Which model of gecko driver can use with hybrid stepping motor at 1200 oz-in,unipolar ,8 wires?

Mongkol
    I concur with ja. Also, if your motor has 8 wires, you can run it much more efficiently in bipolar parallel. Just make sure that your power supply is powerful enough to get max potential out of the motor. Try to get close to 20 times motor rated voltage.

For example:

If motor is rated 3 volts, then power supply could be about 60 volts.

CR.

Talking My Entry...

How about the G251 "Lil' Gecko"

Thanks,
    Mike

Lightbulb Power supply for driver

Hi CR,
    You mean the power supply should be 20 times of motor rated voltage.
    If the nameplate of hybrid stepping motor show rate current=2.7 amp,phase resistance = 2.9 ohm and phase inductance = 17.5 mH,that means motor is rated at 2.7 x 2.9 = 7.83 volts--->The power supply should be 7.83 x 20 = 156.6 volts( about 160 volts). Is it correct? another question.What amps is compatible with this power supply?Pls advise.

Mongkol

Mongkol,

You can wire your motor in series or parallel, but keep in mind that series will create less heat than parallel, and only wire in parallel if your motor is small enough or your heatsink is adequate.

Regarding the voltage to feed your drive, this is dependent on the inductance of your motor. Below is the correct and most up to date formula for figuring out the proper supply voltage:

Drive supply voltage = 32 * SQRT(mH inductance)

If your motor is rated at 4mH, then it will be 32 times 2, or 64VDC.

Your motor will be way too high inductance to use with our drives, as the voltage required to push the current through the windings to compensate for iron losses will just be too high.

Now, if we can get back to discussing the G250s and G251s and back to the contest, that would be great.

-Marcus Freimanis

Awsome thread, I spent the whole morning reading it.. wow..
    great interactive product development.
    as for the name
    G-Pak for the set of 4 w/MB etc.

Page 35 of 90 2533343536374585