586,104 active members*
3,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 54 of 90 444525354555664
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1793

Wink Maybe I'm the type that's just got to step in it!

Quote Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post
    The G540 will be on sale some time in the next month hopefully, and it should be going for around $300. Because the cost of the board has not been determined, we have to wait to figure out pricing. I am a bit hesitant to say how much it will cost because we do not know for certain, but $300 is the target.

Marcus Freimanis

Umm, is this the 1008 piece OEM target, or the "Ooh, ooh, a Gecko for cheap!" target?

Question

What dealer has the best price on the Gecko products?

JoeyB

I don't know who has the best price, or what their price will BE for the NEW drives, But both Keling, http://kelinginc.net/ and homeshopcnc, http://homeshopcnc.com/ offer discounts on Geckos if you also buy motors.

CR.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    I may have missed this question, and if it has been covered already, please excuse me.

Will there be a limit to the number of drives one can get during the intro price batch?

I only need 3, maybe 4...... I was just wondering if it was going to be possible to get some before they (intro price batch) are all gone.
    There will be a limit of 6. This is because the boards come in panels of 12 drives each, and if someone buys the limit we can ship 6 attached boards. All the customer has to do is break them off and they are good to go. The drives are vacuum sealed so they will not be damaged in shipment, and shipping them attached to each other is an extra bit of protection.

Marcus Freimanis

Question Can you make the intro limit eight

Can you make the intro limit eight, for us budget limited folks with two four axis machines?

Or do we cheat and order two sets of six using a different address?

JoeyB

I should really quit reading this thread because it just keeps getting more bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    The 2-week intro price will be $29 for the G250, $39 for the G251 in any quantity. Buy one or buy a bazillion.

Mariss
    There will be a limit of 6. This is because the boards come in panels of 12 drives each, and if someone buys the limit we can ship 6 attached boards. All the customer has to do is break them off and they are good to go. The drives are vacuum sealed so they will not be damaged in shipment, and shipping them attached to each other is an extra bit of protection.

Marcus Freimanis

So a bazillion is only 6? Can we get them for a bazillion Gecko Dollars? :banana:

I'm sorry, I really have had a great respect for Gecko up to this point, but somebody's not communicating these days. I had been hoping my ten new gearhead steppers were going to be Gecko driven, but maybe not.

Mariss and Marcus,

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start another set of problem posts............

I know there is a lot of people wanting/waiting on the new drives.
    Not knowing how many people (divided into) to the number of drives available on the first batch, ?there may be plenty?
    I thought by having a limit, it would (maybe) ensure that all could get some to get started with.
    I could get by with only 2 to start so others will be able to get theirs.

Sorry again,
    Jack
    Walking is highly over-rated

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nash View Post
    So a bazillion is only 6? Can we get them for a bazillion Gecko Dollars? :banana:

I'm sorry, I really have had a great respect for Gecko up to this point, but somebody's not communicating these days. I had been hoping my ten new gearhead steppers were going to be Gecko driven, but maybe not.
    I should really quit reading this thread because it just keeps getting more bizarre!
    Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post

The 2-week intro price will be $29 for the G250, $39 for the G251 in any quantity. Buy one or buy a bazillion.

Mariss

Originally Posted by CoAMarcus View Post

Marcus Freimanis

Mike,

I will share a few drives with you If I get some extra.

JoeyB

you can have mine, its getting too complicated.
    i'll opt out of the thread/drives
    dan

i still want some.

I have been watching this thread for quite some time but have not read every post. I have become a bit confused. (happens easily says the missus)

Can some one fill me in on what the situation is please.

This is as far as I can gather,

The first batch of drives was found to have a design fault. These have been patched with some extra wires and being sold at what price? Do they have the same features as the next batch? When are they available?

The G250 is a bare drive. The G251 has heatsink and screw terminals. Is this right?

There is a two week introductory price, $29 for the G250, $39 for the G251 in any quantity. Is this correct? When does this happen?

Seems to be some confusion on the quantity per customer. What is the real deal here?

Can anyone help me out here? Marris or Marcus??????

Greg

Guys, are we holding Mariss and Marcus to a higher standard than what we use ourselves? It sure looks that way to me. Show me a build log on the zone where someone followed a set of their own plans to a tee. Show me one where someone stayed in budget if they had one. Show me one where someones sarcasm or tongue in cheek post was taken as gospel.

These guys are just as human as you or I. This thread isn't the type thing that Gecko does all the time, but it is the kind of thing that makes the Zone priceless for the value of information contained.

You guys wanting them to nail down quantities and pricing again are like asking a guy with a near complete machine, how fast it will go while cutting 6061 aluminum with a 1/4" end mill and how good will the finish look?
    It just ain't so easy to do ahead of time.

This being a type of build log with thoughts and ideas on how the product will progress or at least how they want it to is no different than any other build log here. It was an idea or design that we have had the pleasure of seeing to fruition. We have also been able to comment and add ideas that were headed and implemented in some cases.

I'm pretty sure Gecko has had more than one meeting on thoughts and wishes that were revealed in this thread. When these change, you guys fly off the handle and accuse them of being deceptive? Well I'll let you guys in on a little secret. There really is no Santa Claus no matter what some close relatives may have told you in the past. Plans change. Discussions help to see both sides of certain issues that one guy may not have considered. Let them have the same luxury that I am afforded and that being I can change my mind or my plan if I see how it would work better or just wouldn't work at all.

Quit asking what things will be and wait for official announcements that things are ready for purchase. Let them hash out all the details. Just treat them like they are human and cut them the same slack that you might expect to have on a build log of yours. At least until these things hit the market. Then you can treat them like the Hot Tub Gods they really are.

Nice first post, yourbusted. Thanks for contributing.
    Lee

Cheap Drives?

Ok guys (or gals)

Why beat down a great company? what will this accomplish? I can remember in the not to distant past when a single drive costs $600 and that was a cheap one. XT computers with a crappy printer costs $8000. To build a 12 x 12 cutting envelope CNC would cost 30 to 40k DIY or otherwise. Quit your whining and go get a SOC drive that cost $79 on ebay and make it work....hahaha. BTW no support there...Just go away. I dont own a Gecko but I will...if for no other reason because they stand by thier product and take blame even if they are not at fault. Again go away and leave those cheap drives to us that will appreciate them one or two at a time...

Oh and shame on you for trying to cry and beat them up for a bazillion drives... hell if you have that much buy 1008 pcs.... problems solved.

Just my useless opinion

Bob

Hi Mariss,

Any word on the availability of the 540 (I think that it the number for the 4 axis drive). I've checked the Geckodrive sie a few times hoping to see it listed.

Thanks
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Thank you for the glimpse behind Gecko's doors. With some of what's gone on in this thread, (the price misunderstanding mostly) it's an exercise that probably won't soon be repeated. That's a sad thing.

Being the owner of a "brand X" control, I also look forward the release of the "plug-n-go" (540?) setup. If this comes in even close to $300 it's going to be an awesome deal.

Some of your competitors must be reading this thread with some concern. Even with the price increase they have good reason to worry.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

The G540 will be on sale some time in the next month hopefully,........................

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Other companies don't publicly discuss upcoming products, business or design decisions and pricing before release. I have finally learned why that is a better policy and Geckodrive will follow it from now on.

Mariss

Mariss,

It is truly a shame, but I understand. I have enjoyed and leaned a lot over past few years here and on the yahoo group. I have always enjoyed and respected Gecko drives because of this openness. It was a refreshing change from normal way that business was and is done. I wish you and all at Gecko well with future projects however you decide to go about them.

Other companies don't publicly discuss upcoming products, business or design decisions and pricing before release. I have finally learned why that is a better policy and Geckodrive will follow it from now on.

Mariss
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

I don't see the problem. The drive is still cheap. 31$ is what I can see.
    What people is to ignorant to see is that Gecko is not s store type business. They do sell products directly from factory and does it to normal if not good rates.
    Have you tried to order small quantities from any mfgr lately? You ether can't or it costs a lot per unit.
    It usually up to a reseller to do the distribution and selling.

I guess the shipping is not included in the two week special?
    I would be interested in 6 g251 If shipping to Sweden is reasonable.
    Any time frame for when they will ship. I don't want to miss the special.

Any pictures of the g251?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Guys, are we holding Mariss and Marcus to a higher standard than what we use ourselves? It sure looks that way to me. Show me a build log on the zone where someone followed a set of their own plans to a tee. Show me one where someone stayed in budget if they had one. Show me one where someones sarcasm or tongue in cheek post was taken as gospel.

These guys are just as human as you or I. This thread isn't the type thing that Gecko does all the time, but it is the kind of thing that makes the Zone priceless for the value of information contained.

Well said, LeeWay.

That's really a shame, Mariss. I can understand the reasoning behind your decision, but I have really enjoyed this thread. Seeing the process you go through to make a new drive has made it clear to me that Gecko is the only way to go. Maybe in the future you could do something similar without ever entioning a price. That way, no one can be upset about a price change. Just state right from the start that no price will be discussed until the final product is in production. Refer people to this thread if they want to know why.

Page 54 of 90 444525354555664