586,655 active members*
3,078 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 32 of 90 2230313233344282
    Quote Originally Posted by the4thseal View Post
    ha ha i have fiber optic and it is blazing ,,,,,it is me who must be slow. good luck
    Well, if I manage to win, I'll split the prize with you.

Cheers,

Peter.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Homann Designs - http://www.homanndesigns.com/store

ok after an hour of brain storming...(really) how about the

g251 nano-raptor

now some ones gonna call it a "g251 nano" ,or a "g251 raptor" and win the contest..lol again...hope i win, hope i win, hope i win!!
    "witty comment"

Geckette perhaps?

Leopard Gecko is the mini Gecko, so i Have

"G-Leo"

Thanks, Joe

LIL LIZ

thin lizzy came to mind but it's too bad that name has already been used
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Firefly.
    Lee

Mariss,

Is poetry banned on the CNCZone Forum?

Please let us know if there is a unwritten rule we should be aware of?

Most of us on the forum know that you are a talented engineer, there was never an attempt to insult your engineering skills.

On the other hand do you think its fair to brag about providing product to OEM customers while other forum users are also waiting for your products?

Maybe you would like to believe that there is no context to my requests or poems, however you are entitled to your opinion.

Do you think you should insult anyone while drumming up business, marketing your products on a engineering forum?

Your marketing skills are "cr.."

Is this getting your attention?

Jeff Alessi

How about Gorgonae, from the blue anole (Anolis gorgonae). This is the world's only pure blue lizard.

My suggestion is "G-minor".
    Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us in the loop.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Mariss,

On the other hand do you think its fair to brag about providing product to OEM customers while other forum users are also waiting for your products?

Jeff Alessi

i beleave the point to this thread was to see what kind of interest there would be in the drivers and for possible feedback and input on a new design ,not to see how desparate people are to save a buck

as Mariss has pointed out in other threads , the cnc community accounts for a small fraction of his sales ,keeping the fat cats happy is the name of the game in business so how can your demand for 3 drivers in a life time be greater or equal to a company that consumes hundreds or thousands of drivers ,

these guys sound as though they are excited to go into heavy production , patience on there side would be slim to none while having to wait for parts while machines sit doing nothing

if you look at the current drivers you can buy for thirty bucks ,i think they boys at gecko have a reason to brag

really if your that hard up for drivers just buy the 201 which are already in full production
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Call it Bob.

No, the letters don't stand for anything.

Nothing cute, just the name Bob.

That was easy.

Ed

Hey J A,

Didn't the post above the so called BRAG post ask for an update......... isn't that exactly what he was doing............. why didn't anybody else have a problem with the post....... REALLY..... How old are you?

Really don't care,
    Jack
    Walking is highly over-rated

How about G-Bee ? This driver is small in size and the development cycle is very quick. Then you may also call G540 as G-Swarm since it would contain the G-Bee's.

Being a physically small drive I like Nano, as in Gecko-Nano or Nano-Gecko... but this MAY infringe on a certain overmarketed mp3 player (chair)

Russell.

Ah cr@p, I just read post #622, strike me from the list...I may be slow but I can lift heavy things

Russell.

Its not desperation or my age, its a matter of treating customers fair and with respect.

The fact of the matter is there are a lot of customers on this forum waiting for these drives.

Many of us have asked for updates, I am not going to argue the point about being a small or large customer.

Every customer counts, if Gecko did not need little customers they would not be here.

How many thousand stepper motor drive customers are here on the CNCZone?

The reason why forum users are asking for updates is because they need the drives, not to hear about bigger or larger OEM customers getting them.

Having a reliable affordable product is awesome, treating customers equally also counts.

One of the guys mentioned "why would you care about the person that only purchases three or four drives", that is a statement of complete ignorance.

That person better hope he is not treated that way when he has a issue with a supplier.

Beating a dead horse or debating these issues are a waste of time.

Name Contest

Call it the G251 MiniStep

Mokomoko -- here's a contender

Mokomoko

from the Maori (New Zealand (our second home) meaning lizard or gecko. It would be a general term as moko - but repeated is special. The lizard/Gecko has a Maori spiritual association with the atua Whiro, whose realm was of things evil. Therefore geckos are to be feared.

Not surprising as there is a lot of power packed in this new small package!

MOKOMOKO

I'm IN!~
    :cheers: jim
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

My entry 'G-Raptor'

Raptor is smaller than a 'Rex' and more in line with the current Gecko naming convention.

Plus all the good ones were taken....

Jeff, you are fixing to explain yourself right out of a chance to win 3 of these drives. Please come up with a good entry, so that Gecko can get you some of these.
    Lee

Page 32 of 90 2230313233344282