586,103 active members*
3,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SQT10M Spindle controller question

Hi all

I have an SQT10M and apparently the Mitsubishi Spindle Controller board has a problem. I now have a decision to make but before I can I need to know the following; My current board is designated FR-SF-2-11KP-TC-BN408U 009 and I have available a new board designated FR-SF-2-11KP-BN408U 067. Are these two boards compatible please?

Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Ambermile View Post
    Hi all

I have an SQT10M and apparently the Mitsubishi Spindle Controller board has a problem. I now have a decision to make but before I can I need to know the following; My current board is designated FR-SF-2-11KP-TC-BN408U 009 and I have available a new board designated FR-SF-2-11KP-BN408U 067. Are these two boards compatible please?

Arthur
    the desigination you gave is for the entire spindle drive.the internal boards will be the same between the two units though. what kind of problem do you have on the spindle?

Hi, well yes I realise that and it's a big beastie too! Having spoken to Mazak it is their opinion that either the complete drive or maybe just the SF-CA PCB. The errors I am getting are as follows:

On the Monitor I am getting:

23 - Illegal Memory Servo
    204 - Spindle Controller Malfunction Machine
    128 - Emergency Stop NC

On the FR-SF board I am getting:

A.L0 12

and on the board above the FR-SF board (axis drives?) I get

Alternately F1 56 and F2 56

The price Mazak want is sort of scarey though!!

Arthur

alarm 12 is a memory error on the sf-ca card.
    you just need to swap the card itself, make sure to change the software chips,the eeprom chip and set the jumpers the same way as the original card and you should be good to go.
    if any questions on this feel free to ask

Well, Mazak want £1731 exchange for the SF-CA board and I can get the complete FR-SF assembly for less than that?

I really am not sure what to do here... maybe just ge the machine up again and sell it!

Arthur

here is a diagram of the board, the eproms and eeprom are the chips that need to be swapped.

Ah - that's an FR-SF Checking and adjustment procedure...

Arthur

PS - seem to have lost a post here?

hopefully right file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for that, any ideas what would cause this to happen? The machine was not used for maybe three weeks and next turn on gave this error?

Arthur

did you check the parameters on the drive to see if scrambled?

OK - I have not been able to move any further on this until yesterday when I turned the machine on and all was fine!! I left it on for a couple of hours then shut down and went home. Today, it's gone again! I have re-seated all the plugs on the SF-CAA board and also removed/re-inserted the EPROM chips and still no different - got the original three red alarms again and cannot get rid of them! Clearly I have an intermittent fault which wuld point to either a dry solder joint or a dodgy plug connection... I *really* don't want to have to buy a new board just to clear this problem, any more ideas?

Arthur

try tapping on the top of the caa card and watch the 7 segment display to see if it flickers between different conditions.

You can download the Freqrol manual from www.meau.com
    If your browser takes you to the Melsec site,instead of the download page,on your computer go into control panel,internet options,security,custom level,scroll down to scripting and click disable.Return to the www.meau.com site where you should now get a download page.Be sure to reset the scripting to enable after downloading or you may find your email doesn`t work.
    I have several of these SE drives on machines.One of them threw a 12 alarm after it had been sitting unused for a while.It would not let me re-enter the parameters but would reset to the default parameters.This meant that when you programme an M05 the spindle would cost to a halt rather than wind down under power.We overcome this by programming S5 before the M05 and it winds down to 5rpm before coasting to a halt.Better than the £3K I was quoted for a board.