586,094 active members*
3,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tape Drip feed on Meldas50 - P32 Address Error

Everyone,

Thank you for all the information in this forum. It has been an extreme help in getting my latest mill up and running.
    I have recently run into a problem that I am not having much, if any, luck in finding information on. I have a Mighty Comet Vertical Mill with a Meldas50 Controller. With the help of this site, I have the machine running by using the memory to load in my cutter paths. So far it has worked flawless, aside from the fact that I only have 32k of memory. I have gotten to the point that I need to drip feed my programs to the machine. The size of my files and parts are growing, and the time consumed by breaking these into 32k files is killing me.
    I am using connectcnc to transfer files from the PC the the CNC. As said earlier, sending and receiving in memory works perfect. I switch to the tape function, go to the monitor screen and press search, and get the response of search executing. When the file starts, I get an error code of P32 ADDRESS. ERROR. The file that I have been trying to send is one that I have run, without problem in the memory mode. I looked the code up in the manual, but is very vague and confusing (the lack of experience probably does not help). I had found this code brought up on the forum, but little was ever resolved in text. Does anyone have an idea on what the controller is trying to tell me I have wrong? Does the tape function require a different parameter of the cutter path than the memory? Do you have to have a certain code, at the beginning of the file, to get the CNC in drip feed mode? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Todd Case
    Creative Design and Casting

the p32 means an unknown code is being sent, maybe just try going to tape mode and pressing cycle start and see what happens.

That is when I receive the error message. I press search, cycle start and then send the file to the CNC. As I said, the weird part is that these programs work fine in memory mode, but give me errors in the tape mode.

One other note. I am running a cable that I made from the PC to the CNC. I am not running a null modem adapter, which I see mentioned in the forums. Could this be the problem? Does the Modem adapter need to be installed for drip feeding to work properly?

Thanks Again,

Todd

make sure parameter 9005 is set the same as 9001 and 9006 is set the same as 9002 then try it again.

I have the same problem on my Meldas 500, but I'm running it using the memory and getting the same error half way through the program. Does anyone know the origin of this problem and how to solve it?