586,114 active members*
3,319 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HOME LIMIT SETTINGS IN EMC2

HI HAVING DIFFICULTY SETTING UP LIMIT/HOME SETTINGS TO WORK RIGHT
    I USE 2 SWITHES IN SERIES ON EACH AXIS AND CANT GET THINGS TO DO WHAT I WANT IN STEPCONFIG. MY AXIS'S MOVE THE RIGHT DIRECTION WHEN JOGGED IN EMC BUT THE HOME ALWAYS GOES THE WRONG DIRECTION AND I HAVE TRIED ASSORTED SETTINGS IN STEP CONFIG. FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE MY X I WANT TO HOME TO THE LEFT SWITCH AND WANT THIS TO BE X0 AND X-LIMIT. TRAVEL IS 15.5, I HAVE SETUP TO BOTH LIMIT, MIN+HOME X, MAX HOME X ETC.. HAVE ALSO SWAPPED SAME AND OPPOSITE SETTINGS BUT THE SYSTEM STILL RESPONDS STRANGLY. I SELECT HOME X AND THE SYTEM TRIES TO GO TO THE + SWITCH.
    ? DO YOU HAVE TO HOME ON THE PLUS SIDE IN EMC AND WORK G54 ALWAYS BE A NEG VALUE. MANUAL IS VERY BREIF ON THESE SETTINGS AND I COULD USE SOME INPUT
    THANKS GADS

Quote Originally Posted by Gads View Post
    HI HAVING DIFFICULTY SETTING UP LIMIT/HOME SETTINGS TO WORK RIGHT
    I USE 2 SWITHES IN SERIES ON EACH AXIS AND CANT GET THINGS TO DO WHAT I WANT IN STEPCONFIG. MY AXIS'S MOVE THE RIGHT DIRECTION WHEN JOGGED IN EMC BUT THE HOME ALWAYS GOES THE WRONG DIRECTION AND I HAVE TRIED ASSORTED SETTINGS IN STEP CONFIG. FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE MY X I WANT TO HOME TO THE LEFT SWITCH AND WANT THIS TO BE X0 AND X-LIMIT. TRAVEL IS 15.5, I HAVE SETUP TO BOTH LIMIT, MIN+HOME X, MAX HOME X ETC.. HAVE ALSO SWAPPED SAME AND OPPOSITE SETTINGS BUT THE SYSTEM STILL RESPONDS STRANGELY. I SELECT HOME X AND THE SYTEM TRIES TO GO TO THE + SWITCH.
    ? DO YOU HAVE TO HOME ON THE PLUS SIDE IN EMC AND WORK G54 ALWAYS BE A NEG VALUE. MANUAL IS VERY BRIEF ON THESE SETTINGS AND I COULD USE SOME INPUT
    THANKS GADS
    GADS,

They following is the HAL setup for my home and limit switches for my router (using a CandCNC mini-IO breakout board).
    # create a signal for the estop loopback
    net estop-ext <= parport.0.pin-10-in-not
    net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out
    net estop-ext => iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in
    net both-home-x <= parport.0.pin-11-in
    net both-home-y <= parport.0.pin-12-in
    net both-home-z <= parport.0.pin-13-in
    net both-home-x => axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in axis.0.home-sw-in
    net both-home-y => axis.1.neg-lim-sw-in axis.1.pos-lim-sw-in axis.1.home-sw-in
    net both-home-z => axis.2.neg-lim-sw-in axis.2.pos-lim-sw-in axis.2.home-sw-in

And here is what I used in my ini file for the home switch configuration.

#+ First axis
    [AXIS_0]

TYPE = LINEAR
    HOME = 0.000
    MAX_VELOCITY = 2.0
    MAX_ACCELERATION = 20.0
    STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 21.0
    SCALE = -2000.0
    FERROR = 0.05
    MIN_FERROR = 0.01
    MIN_LIMIT = -38.500
    MAX_LIMIT = 38.500
    HOME_OFFSET = -0.100
    HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -1.250
    HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0.250
    HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
    HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
    HOME_SEQUENCE = 1

#+ Second axis
    [AXIS_1]

TYPE = LINEAR
    HOME = 0.000
    MAX_VELOCITY = 1.5
    MAX_ACCELERATION = 20.0
    STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 21.0
    SCALE = 2000.0
    FERROR = 0.05
    MIN_FERROR = 0.01
    MIN_LIMIT = -24.000
    MAX_LIMIT = 24.000
    HOME_OFFSET = -0.100
    HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -1.00
    HOME_LATCH_VEL = 0.250
    HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
    HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
    HOME_SEQUENCE = 1

#+ Third axis
    [AXIS_2]

TYPE = LINEAR
    HOME = 9.295
    MAX_VELOCITY = 1.3
    MAX_ACCELERATION = 25.0
    STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 26.5
    SCALE = 2000.0
    FERROR = 0.05
    MIN_FERROR = 0.01
    MIN_LIMIT = -9.295
    MAX_LIMIT = 9.295
    HOME_OFFSET = 9.295
    HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 1.00
    HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.250
    HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
    HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
    HOME_SEQUENCE = 0

I don't know that this is the best way to set them up but they do work. I have 2 switches on each axis wired in a loop normally closed. I started out with all six switches wired in one loop but EMC2 would tell me that it tripped all three axii when it hit a limit switch. My X and Y home at zero but my Z homes at the top of its travel.

Hope this helps,
    Alan

acondit Thanks for the info you posted, between that and the info I found in the integrator manual I was able to get things working the way I want. This software
    is very strange, I think I have 8 hours into motor/pin config and limit switch settings so far and nothing about any setting has been what you would expect. very trial and error, but you got me going in the right direction anyway.
    Thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by Gads View Post
    acondit Thanks for the info you posted, between that and the info I found in the integrator manual I was able to get things working the way I want. This software
    is very strange, I think I have 8 hours into motor/pin config and limit switch settings so far and nothing about any setting has been what you would expect. very trial and error, but you got me going in the right direction anyway.
    Thanks to all
    If you use the EMC2 StepConf Wizard from the menu you can be up and running in a couple of minutes... for a basic stepper system.

John

Hi Big John that is what I thought, come to find out alot of time was spent figuring out
    that step config had been worded improperly the motor/leadscrew settings are/where backwards when approached from mechanical point of veiw. I believe samco took the initiative to verify this and has stated in another post of mine that the program will reflect this in the next update. also home/limit settings are confusing at least. it all came down to trial and error and help from folks on this site.
    Thanks again all

What is confusing about the home/limit settings?

Perhaps the author can change the wording...

What exactly was the trip up for you?

John