Hi,

I have a laptop (The one I experiment on), its running 500 Mhz which is not that much, So I installed EZ-CNC as its running Windows 98 (Can not change the OS since Im using other software that can only run under W98..)

So When I directed EZ-CNC to go off in one direction, it would start running, but there would be a glitch in the running every second or so.. And by acident I discovered that when I moved the mouse it got worse.. So I tried again, and tried to move the whole window on my desktop, and the motors started running rely eratic... somehow the processing on my computer has something to do with the pulses to the motors...

I have set the motors up for 1/2 step.

So my question is if anyone is experiencing this as well with EZ-CNC (or if this is just SW that I should not use..), and if this is what I can expect from mach3 running XP...?

Im considering moving to XP on a faster computer, but I dont want to go that way unless i know that XP/mach3 will not be suffering from the same issues..

Another question.. Is there any software out there that in a controlled way, can test the duty cycle/pulse speed etc that is possible on your Stepper motors.. Like a software / controller diagnostic program... If it doesnt exist it would definately be a cool thing to have...