586,076 active members*
3,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Does mach work with DELL

Im I having problems with mach 2 and 3 because i am running a DELL system? Sometimes it works great sometimes Im just wasting my time.

I run mach 3 on a Dell GX270 512mg memory and 2mzh processor I got out of the recycle bin before it went out the door at work.

I have not noticed any problem with it running Mach3 by itself.

I did have to disable the virus software, it started up once when I had Mach3 running and that did cause a problem. When running Mach3 I close all other programs.

One of the CNC mill manufacturer's reports that there have been problems running Mach 3 on certain models of Dell computer but not on other Dell models.

Mach2 and Mach3 do seem to run pretty well on my Dell 8200 system, aside from some very infrequent false limit switch triggers.

Mike

check the output voltages of the motherboard.

Some machines may differ from regular but not all like was mentioned.
    If your mobo does output to low voltage only a different mobo could solve this.

good luck.
    Finally CHIPS you can have as much as you can without the doc. complainting about your cholesterol.

Cool Power Management.

Quote Originally Posted by Korellibopper View Post
    Im I having problems with mach 2 and 3 because i am running a DELL system? Sometimes it works great sometimes Im just wasting my time.
    As per Mach3 manual have you disabled automatic power management for the motherboard. Probably a setting in the BIOS.

Make sure there are no programs scheduled to run at certain times, like automatic updates for AVG.
    This will certainly screw things up. When Mach3 first runs it appears to do some cpu time available testing, so that the driver works correctly. If something is running in the background consuming some cpu time at Mach3 startup the testing part of the startup gets confused.
    Automatic windows updates will certainly muck it up.
    Once Mach3 is running it seems to be able to survive most other indulgances, even AVG which I never turn off. Just no auto updates.
    Mach3 happily gives up cpu time to other tasks when it's needs are being met.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

As Neil sais ,there is no use chasing hardware ghosts if windows is'nt totally stripped down to the emost vital prosses i'ld try retestrak.nl for some clear info on how to make windows do what YOU want it to do when YOU want it to.

Bios settings should be checked also and i'ld advise to turn anything off you don't actually use.

If all this has proved futile there is a chance your pc was built with an "custom" dellmobo
    Though there ain't many dellmodels with this "shortcoming".

Enjoy !
    Finally CHIPS you can have as much as you can without the doc. complainting about your cholesterol.