586,111 active members*
3,474 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > File conversion needed MC9 to dwg/dxf

File conversion needed MC9 to dwg/dxf

I've been working with AutoCAD since 1992 doing 2d & solid modeling for a number of companies. But now I have an opportunity to program MasterCAM 9 for a new job. I want to practice on a MC drawing in AutoCAD 2008 but I need to have it converted to dwg/dxf. As I understand it I can manipulate or create geometry in ACAD and bring it into MC9 and then generate the g-codes(?) toolpaths to do the final routing in the wood medium. Any help would really give me a leg up on the process. And that translates to my effectiveness on the job. Thanks, BB

Yup:

Output from Autocad as a 2000i dxf or dwg, and import into Mastercam. Generate your toolpaths and covert into Gcode. Any experience with machining?

File conversion

No experience on the CAM side of things, just CAD. I'm really looking forward to this new area of manufacturing. The people I am working for are doing rifle/gun stocks as well as some furniture. This is really a project/hobby started up by an old friend who I worked with at Boeing for years. He gave me an old MC9 file of a guitar body. Now I want to open it up in AutoCAD 2008 and play with it. Is there any way someone can convert this MC9 file into a dwg/dxf that I can open? Let me know and I will email it to you, thanks. Bruce

file conv

don't know about 9 , but X you have , open, do/SAVE AS/ when dialog box open's, go to the bottom of it, two option's, FILE NAME & SAVE AS TYPE. set Save As Type to what you want it to be , in your case, dwg/dxf. ( may not have this option & may depend on what level you have. Maybe someone with a little more experience with 9, can chip in. Harold

Cool Conversion.

In mastercam, save as ACIS.sat file (version 6) to export to ACAD in 3D
    Use file/converters to get to the correct menu.

In ACAD use ACISOUT or file/export to save models, which you then import into mastercam.

To read into ACAD use insert/ACIS.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

I do not have access to MasterCAM 9 at home. I need someone (if possible) to convert a MC9 file (that I will send them via internet) and send me back the file in the DWG/Dxf file format. Thanks

Bruce load it here I will do it for you.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

MC9 DWG conversion

Thanks this is going to be a big help and my first step to a whole new world. Thank You.

conv

see if this will work.

COULD YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS DWG NOW so that no one else has access to it?. Thanks

Thanks, impressed with the willingness of people to help. As a newbie this forum is going to be a huge help. Any other input you could give me in regards to other places on this forum that are pointed to.
    1. People who have a CAD background (AutoCAD since 1990) but who have never done CNC/CAM.
    2. People who are going to be working with wood i.e furniture, gun stocks and a guitar (for my personal enjoyment)
    3. Any books or learning aids that will help me understand the process as well as the actual programming using MasterCAM 9.

For books on V9 I have these options while they last.Payment by Paypal
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

MC9 files that i need converted to PDF's

I have about 50 MC9 files that i need converted to PDF's. Advice?

pdf995

converted to a adobe pfd file

yes pdf995 will convert to pdf.. install the free software, set the computers printer to be your new pdf995 printer, print the files, pick location for the pdf, watch 10 sec advertizment, view your new pdf..

also if you buy the software you get rid of the advertizment. i just have my firewall block pdf995 and that kills the advert also..

50 MC9 files that i need converted to PDF's. Advice?

I have adobe so the creation is not the issues. I do not have the program of which the MC9 file were created by. I have autocad LT tho but that program does not reconnize the MC9 files

So I must re-ask. for assitance in spooling off my files to an autocad file or directly to a PDF

i would offer to pdf 1 or 2 files but 50 is abit excessive..

ask who ever you got the files from to export them into a format that you can work with.

Question Why make it harder ???

If you can export / covert a file from McamV9 to DXF one at a time.

Why not place the 50 odd files you want to convert in a directory by themselves and do a read / write convert of the directory ???

converting time should only be 2 minutes.

then you may be able to batch print to a PDF

Can you zip the files up and post them here. I can do a fast translation from MC9 to DWG or DXF and repost them here. I am figure this what you want.
    Cadcam