586,102 active members*
2,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

My Business Pictures: My CNC Taig

Here are some pictures of my CNC Taig doing some very nice work. I designed the programs, pocket and profile. This was the first customer, I just released the Service the other day The last picture is the product that I also cut from Aluminum and it then is placed into the pocket.

Very Excited!

Enjoy the Pictures:

-Speed

you did all the part or just the one that is of lighter color
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Oh sorry, lol, the lighter one. Eventually more complex parts on 4 axis

Still pretty nice though I think.

-Speed

Nice...Speed....how you like your Taig...whom did you buy it from?

first part

Speed looks great. Did you make the whole part or just the pocket mod?

It looks like a paintball gun part. Is that what your business is paintball gun mods? Just curious, sorry for being nosey. I have seen others doing the same if so. the taig seems to be popular for such projects.

How is the new software working out? It seems to be a much better fit than Meshcam was.

You mentioned an additional part in the picture that fits in the pocket. I must not be seeing it. Is it the light area inside the pocket?

Once again sorry for being nosey. I have been following your progress all through the learning curve and am a bit interested and excited to see and understand the results.

Viper-Pn'd you, I love my taig. I can't wait till I put more upgrades into it!

Under- I made the pocket and see the last picture the light color? Thats milled from Aluminum as well.

Yes I have been in the business for many years and am only going to expand! Very excited Vetric is working out great, I love it

Quit being nosey....:P

-Speed

Speeds - Are you finding a good speeds/feeds/DOC for aluminum? I'm still hunting for a way to mill with minimum toolpath evidence (i.e. smooth).

Thanks!
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

I have Found that when cutting my Products like above and the pocket. In VcARVE, I have it set at 9inm But when I I run that in EMC i skip steps so I bring down to 40% of that and run it.

-Speed

So 9ipm? How about spindle speed (rpm) and DOC? It looks like that's a 1/8" end mill?

looking great, my friend!! :cheers:
    Dave->..

Hi Speed,

I'm looking into getting a Taig CNC as well. I was wondering do you find the Z of 6" height ok? What is the max part height that can fit under the headstock (with endmill on) and what kind of vise are you using? I just wanted to get a better idea of project envelope working size.

Have you been able to carve any nice smooth finished surfaces, flat or organic in shape? You know, with a less noticeable path marks or fine finishing passes.

Thanks for your help! Your collant system looks great!

Frank

Tikka- It's 9Ipm, but I set that too 40% in Emc, so it's really less. I'm cutting at about .0288 inches and the bit is 1/8shaft but off the tope of my head, the actual bit I don't remember , like .0625 in? I think....

Helstrom- I find the Z too be fine for what I do, 6 inches is a decent amount height when you think about what I do. But for me its good and I think it will work for others. I don't know off the top of my head what the max height is, but I can check. I'm using the stock vise (Don't like it) Am getting a new one.

I don't really "carve" anything. But that piece you see in the past picture, the lighter colored one, is a product I make on my Machine. I de-burr it and clean it up, But it's nice.

Thanks!!!!!!

-Speed

Helstrom/Frank:

Pardon the plug, but if you're considering a TAIG, please check out my TAIG blog www.nyccnc.com. I've got lots of pictures and video's of my TAIG in action!

John

Great work Speed awsome finishing...keep posting pics

Thanks Khalid!

I'm need too get that 3 inch screwless vise. This stock one is too small and not accurate enough. And I got to start my enclosure! Grrrr

I love my machine. Setting up the new BOB board.!!!!!

-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by tikka308 View Post
    Helstrom/Frank:

Pardon the plug, but if you're considering a TAIG, please check out my TAIG blog www.nyccnc.com. I've got lots of pictures and video's of my TAIG in action!

John

That's a great blog tikka! lots of useful information on setup and layout!
    I put it in my favorites and will check back on your tutorials and progress regularly.

Again, great job. If the incredibly skilled people on CNC Zone documented their incredible knowledge in the same way it would truly be the ultimate
    knowledge base for all CNC on the planet!

For some people like myself, visual info is so much more understandable than
    only reading and much less open to misinterpretation.

Frank

Very nice, I'm loving that dark shocker and the bream beam eye milling looks amazing.

translation

Quote Originally Posted by abr5 View Post
    Very nice, I'm loving that dark shocker and the bream beam eye milling looks amazing.
    can I get a translation on that snoop dog....in english lol

re:under_dog
    I believe he is referring to the type of paintball gun type... it's called a "shocker"
    and the beam he is referring to is the addition of an electric eye for the gun which helps prevent the bolt from firing if the paintball is not completely in the barrel, this avoids "chopping" the ball.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Helstrom View Post
    re:under_dog
    I believe he is referring to the type of paintball gun type... it's called a "shocker"
    and the beam he is referring to is the addition of an electric eye for the gun which helps prevent the bolt from firing if the paintball is not completely in the barrel, this avoids "chopping" the ball.

Frank
    Correct, it is a private label Smart Parts Shocker with milling from Warped Sports. Shockers come with bouncebeam eyes (aka reflective) and he milled it so that it could accept break beam eyes (phototransistor type eyes)

Page 1 of 2 12