586,113 active members*
3,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by abr5 View Post
    Correct, it is a private label Smart Parts Shocker with milling from Warped Sports. Shockers come with bouncebeam eyes (aka reflective) and he milled it so that it could accept break beam eyes (phototransistor type eyes)

Thank you

It was all greek to me when I first read it. It is a cool looking gun. What does the eye do? Tell the ammo loader to feed?

The two times I went paintballing they gave us these pump action single shot guns. You could shoot as fast as you could pump. Probably like shooting a black powder musket compared to that. The things were slow inaccurate and would break balls and clog all the time. Thankfully they made it so all the people had to use the same guns so it was an even playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by under-dog View Post
    Thank you

It was all greek to me when I first read it. It is a cool looking gun. What does the eye do? Tell the ammo loader to feed?

The two times I went paintballing they gave us these pump action single shot guns. You could shoot as fast as you could pump. Probably like shooting a black powder musket compared to that. The things were slow inaccurate and would break balls and clog all the time. Thankfully they made it so all the people had to use the same guns so it was an even playing field.
    With the "newer" (i.e. electronic) guns you can basically shoot as fast as you can pull a trigger (often arund 15 times a second). The problem is that the hopper ("ammo loader") either can't keep up, feeds with inconsistencies, or when you are running out of paint and the hopper doesn't feed consistently (due to lack of paint). This will cause the bolt to come forward and litteraly chop the ball in half, making a mess in your barrel and gun which leads to greasy paint and curving shots.

Personally I like to keep it simple, so I normally just use a paint brush.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by abr5 View Post
    Correct, it is a private label Smart Parts Shocker with milling from Warped Sports. Shockers come with bouncebeam eyes (aka reflective) and he milled it so that it could accept break beam eyes (phototransistor type eyes)

Page 2 of 2 12