586,068 active members*
4,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > DeskCNC Controller Board > Tool height "touch off" tool unusable

Angry Tool height "touch off" tool unusable

Ordered the complete DeskCNC servo system (ready to bolt on hardware along with software) with the TP-100 probe. All of the wiring was done by the manufacturer, so this system was supposed to be good to go as soon as it was bolted on. The probe can be configured to be used as a "touch off" tool height tool -- but no permutation of software configuration or macro programming will get it to function in this capacity. The DeskCNC software seems to behave as if it is scanning (as when using the TP-100 as a scanning probe) when the TLO (tool offset) command is called. The slow scan is in the wrong direction (up instead of down) when the Z axis motion is configured correctly. With the Z axis motion reversed in the DeskCNC configuration, the behavior when using the TLO command is still erratic. The only entry the software occasionally makes into the tool library after the TLO command call is the fixed TP-100 height which is the number entered into the software when it is configured. The software also refuses to home after the TLO command is called unless the TP-100 switch is depressed two times by hand...

Anyone else have any luck with this software?

-D

You might want to ask in their support forum.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gerry,

thanks -- tried asking the support forum at Imsrv. Their reply focused on putting macros in the tool library configuration file which had no effect. Subsequent postings haven't been addressed or shown on the forum, so I'm trying here.

-D

I have the same probe, I have not used it yet, but now I know what to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin
    I have the same probe, I have not used it yet, but now I know waht to look out for.
    Ditto....

The best way to call upon you tlo sensor is to call it from your toolchange.cfg file. I have added some sample code below.

[TOOL1]
    PLACE0=G49
    PLACE1=M05
    PLACE2=G4 P4
    PLACE3=G0 Z-.5
    PICKUP0=G49
    PICKUP1=M0
    PICKUP2=*!*
    PICKUP3=M3
    PICKUP4=G4 P3

I will keep my eye on this thread to see if I need to do a step by step posting, if needed I will. In the sample text above you will see the line PICKUP2=*!*, this is the line that calls for a tlo measurement. The activation of the toolchange.cfg file is by simply calling T1 M6 in your program or T2 M6 etc.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

i got a requeeeuust !!!!

would any of yoy guys be so friendly to post a picture of a project you've scanned with the probe i'm so curious about the resolution
    and does it produce a .dxf and alikes or a g-code straight away ??

or did i totally miss something about this probe ??