586,075 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plasma to the UK

I have been checking out some plasma machines(torchmate tracker plasmacam etc etc) all of these machines are US. What i would like to know is has anyone here imported a machine from the US to the UK. and if so how much extra did it cost with duty vat and shipping. Did it have to sit at dock to clear customs?. how long to get spare parts etc etc.
    Also what european tables are available and at what cost.
    My aim is for a 8 x 4 mainly for art and signage.

If you want one made in the UK, try http://www.techserv.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by dermie View Post
    I have been checking out some plasma machines(torchmate tracker plasmacam etc etc) all of these machines are US. What i would like to know is has anyone here imported a machine from the US to the UK. and if so how much extra did it cost with duty vat and shipping. Did it have to sit at dock to clear customs?. how long to get spare parts etc etc.
    Also what european tables are available and at what cost.
    My aim is for a 8 x 4 mainly for art and signage.
    Zapp Automation Ltd
    www.slidesandballscrews.com

Hi Dermie

I know its a bit late but if you are still wanting a torchmate or similar I have just sold my first small machine of this type ( we usually make bigger ones) and am in the process of building a few more.
    let me know and I will sort out some details

cheers

Mike
    techserv

Hi Mike,
    out of interest how do you machines compare in price to a Torchmate?

Do you offer a basic gantry version such as TM1?

I have a plasma I use manually which is fine for larger parts but would be happy with a 4 x 4 for small more complex pieces which I seem to be getting in small runs.

I normally have these farmed out to laser cutting company, but the quanities I need to puirchase to make it worth my while mean a lot of items are sat on the shelf before I get my money back. Heck at that size I could even keep it at home.

small plasma techserv

Hi
    Thanks for the interest. Before deciding to make the Spark machine we did fair bit of research into the American market, which seems to be fairly full of low cost equipment. This stuff never seems to have taken off much in the UK, so we thought we would have a go. We started with a clean sheet design, aimed at the same price bracket as a Torchmate 3.

The Spark has an integral fume bed and touch screen pc in a pedestal, along with a 40 amp Thermal Dynamics plasma and costs £11,500.00 + VAT including delivery and installation in Wales (most of these bits are extras on the American machines).
    I am looking at doing a cut down version with no bed or plasma and use your own pc, the basic mechanics would be the same with aluminium extrusion rails so all you would need to fabricate would be some small stands and a cutting bed.
    Expected price about £6,500.00 with a plate riding roller torch height (+£500.00 for automatic Arc Voltage height Control and Initial Height Sense)

Please let me know if you want any more info.
    Cheers

Mike
    Techserv

PS I have a bunch of videos on YouTube showing the control system in action if you want to have a look please search for techservcnc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spark overall small.JPG   spark side small.JPG   Tess small.JPG