586,693 active members*
3,065 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 10T ram parity error

I have a Leblond Baron 25 cnc lathe with fanuc 10T control; all of a sudden the control goes off and at re-start all I see is this

FS10TF 1314C
    RAM PARITY ERROR

when I press RESET, I get this

PL

1 DUMP MEMORY
    3 CLEAR FILE
    4 SETTING
    6 END IPL

I have all parameters backed up so that wouldn't be a problem;

I saw the next reply on somebody else's thread and I think I need the same kind procedure, only for my fanuc 10T

Hi !
    please sure you have the parametre 900 series and also all machine parameter and diagnostig . in this situation you must clear all memory and set up the control system again please do as follow

1- turn off the control system .
    2- press and hold down RESET and DELET and POWER ON key all together !
    3- you see the many error on the screen , go to setting page and put the PWE to 1 !
    4- firstly put the machine parameter from 0 to 20 and turn off and turn again !
    5- then put the machine parameter nr 900 and turn off and turn on again
    6- put the rest of control machine parametre and turn off and turn again
    7 - its enough if to resart the control system if you dont have special hard ware or soft ware if you see any thing on screen please let me know

be happy with FANUC !

SBaghaei

What sould I do?

Thank you for your help

jolulank

If you wanna clear the memory, make follows:

Fanuc 10/11 Controls
    Procedure to clear memory and reload parameters.

1. Make sure you have a copy of your parameters, pitch error compensation parameters, part programs, and tool offsets. These can be punched out to your pc. You will have to write down the 9000 parameter and 9100 through 9139 parameters, also you will have to write down your PC parameters: Data table, Timers, Counters, Keeprl and Pos. these may have more than one page so make sure you page down. If you don’t want to write, I take a photo of each page with a digital camera, check you can read them.
    2. Power off the machine and power up holding in the “7” and “9” pushbuttons this should bring the machine up in the IPL screen.
    3. Press the “9” button twice, and then press “Input” This will enable system label generation.
    4. Press “Y” pushbutton to generate system label.
    5. Next you will be ask “NUMBER OF AXIS?” enter the value that was in parameter 9000 then press “INPUT”.
    6. You will then have to enter “OPTIONS 1 through 40”(parameters 9100 through 9139) these parameters have to be loaded in Hexadecimal Notation. If a option parameter is all zeros just press “INPUT” otherwise enter the two digit Hex number and press “INPUT”
    7. Once you have loaded all the OPTIONS the screen will ask you to erase certain files, press “Y”
    8. This will bring you back to the IPL screen. To exit this page press “6” and “INPUT”
    9. You should get a page with various alarms, ignore these for now and load the rest of the parameters recorded earlier. Check maintenance manual for procedure.

GUHL,

you are a genius!!!! My machine is working again, Thank you so much!!!

jolulank

I thought I had it made!

Thanks GUHL,

My machine change to the normal screen but now it shows this

E94 C-RAM PARITY ERROR (LOW : 80000

And I have not been able to change parameters, everytime it shows a
    WRITE PROTECT
    I tried changing the 8000 parameter but still shows WRITE PROTECT

Please advice,

Thank you

jolulank

Quote Originally Posted by guhl View Post
    If you wanna clear the memory, make follows:

Fanuc 10/11 Controls
    Procedure to clear memory and reload parameters.

1. Make sure you have a copy of your parameters, pitch error compensation parameters, part programs, and tool offsets. These can be punched out to your pc. You will have to write down the 9000 parameter and 9100 through 9139 parameters, also you will have to write down your PC parameters: Data table, Timers, Counters, Keeprl and Pos. these may have more than one page so make sure you page down. If you don’t want to write, I take a photo of each page with a digital camera, check you can read them.
    2. Power off the machine and power up holding in the “7” and “9” pushbuttons this should bring the machine up in the IPL screen.
    3. Press the “9” button twice, and then press “Input” This will enable system label generation.
    4. Press “Y” pushbutton to generate system label.
    5. Next you will be ask “NUMBER OF AXIS?” enter the value that was in parameter 9000 then press “INPUT”.
    6. You will then have to enter “OPTIONS 1 through 40”(parameters 9100 through 9139) these parameters have to be loaded in Hexadecimal Notation. If a option parameter is all zeros just press “INPUT” otherwise enter the two digit Hex number and press “INPUT”
    7. Once you have loaded all the OPTIONS the screen will ask you to erase certain files, press “Y”
    8. This will bring you back to the IPL screen. To exit this page press “6” and “INPUT”
    9. You should get a page with various alarms, ignore these for now and load the rest of the parameters recorded earlier. Check maintenance manual for procedure.

This instruction I've gotten from smb. when taken out the batteries and lost all parameters ))).

You can't change 8000, because you bring up this parameter through "service" software key. Make the follows:
    1. Put CNC to MDI
    2. Press "setting" software key
    3. Enter 8000 and press "INP-NO."; 8000 is displayed.
    4. Set the PWE bit. CNC get alarm (it's OK). Now you are able to change parameters.
    Then use the "service" software key to get access to any parameters.

Thank you, I am up working again.

hi friends;

i have a fanuc autoshot plastic mold injection machine on monitor written just fanuc i am not sure what type of it but it looks like fanuc 11-15

because of battery down i think all parameters erased and when i power on the machine on screen IPL MODE appears as blow;

AUTOSHOT 1A23/01(90.02.01)
    RAM TEST :END
    ROM TEST: END
    AUX CPU START :END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL:END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL:ERROR
    IPL MODE
    1 DUMP MEMORY

2 LOAD/VERIFY

3 CLEAR FILE

4 SETTING

5 TEST

6 END IPL

when i enter 99 input then appear

SYSTEM GENERATE

CHECK SYSTEM LABEL :ERROR

INITIALIZE SYSTEM LABEL OK?

here i must input ''Y'' i guess but this machine has no a,b,c..etc character keyboard like cnc milling or turning machines just numeric keyboard exist on operator panel

do you know how to setup this system ?

thanks so much for your help in advance

same procedure i followd now, we again backed to same screen, then what i need to do?
    please help me

the instructions say go to setting screen, to 8000 and set PWE to 1 and then enter your parameters. if you enter communication parameters first you should then be able to load your pre-saved parameters from a PC via rs232

again i backed to IPL screen, i could not reach setting screen?

Again i backed to IPL screen, then what i need to do.. I could not see setting screen:
    there is no any indication lamp including emg button also not indicate by led.

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    the instructions say go to setting screen, to 8000 and set PWE to 1 and then enter your parameters. if you enter communication parameters first you should then be able to load your pre-saved parameters from a PC via rs232

when i on machine: only show this message

F10T9B 1260E
    RAM TEST :END
    ROM TEST: END
    SERVO ROM TEST :END
    LOAD SYSTEM LABEL:END
    CHECK SYSTEM LABEL:PASS
    IMPROPER NUMBER OF AXIS

IPL MODE
    1 DUMP MEMORY

3 CLEAR FILE

4 SETTING

6 END IPL
    ?

Please help me

do that procedure correctly (you did not enter the number of axis)
    then press 6 END IPL.
    if you can't get to the SERVICE screen then you have a more serious hardware related issue

do that procedure correctly (you did not enter the number of axis)
    then press 6 END IPL.
    if you can't get to the SERVICE screen then you have a more serious hardware related issue
    thanks for your reply. now it okay.
    Screen show this message:
    sv026 x illegal axis arrange
    sv027 x ill dgtl servo parameter
    sv027 x ill dgtl servo parameter
    ot 100 spindle alarm

softkeys enable now as well as i couldn't find parameter enable function.

then what can i do?

re-read post #5

re-read post #5
    actually i coun't turn the mode because of emg alarm on. it may short off, i can follow post 5 procedure, thanks for your advice again i back.. still finiding why emg alarm on..

Re: I thought I had it made!

after inputting option parameters ,,, system is asking to erase some files ,,,,,,

list of files need to be erased also contain "FAPT DATA" does it mean that ladder will also be erased ,,,,

because then it would be a problem as i dint have ant ladder backup............................please help

Re: fanuc 10T ram parity error

as far as I know FAPT isn't ladder. it is Fanuc Automatic Programming Tool. your fanuc has to have a big display for FAPT option
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/...-10t-fapt.html

erasing that is ok. you have to do the erase stuff or it won't let you go further. the ladder is in ROM and can't be erased so don't worry about that.

Hello,
    Can you help me, when I finished setting option Op1... Op32, then I put 6. It's show illegal instructions. And I cannot go to service screen. Is this because parameters wrong or because hardware?
    Thank you!

Please help. my lathe uses fanuc 10t cnc system. when I switch to edit mode on the screen appears edit. but when switching memory, mdi, & tape on the screen appears **** **** so I can't enter the program. thanks